Handicap cabins on Dream

Marie51

I'm trusting that you are not planning to share a cabin. If there are only 2 of you cruising and you take 2 cabins, you'll actually end up paying for 4 adult cruise fares! Yup, if you cruise solo, you pay 200% of the cruise fare portion of the ticket.

I'm trusting that you are not planning to share a cabin. If there are only 2 of you cruising and you take 2 cabins' date=' you'll actually end up paying for 4 adult cruise fares! Yup, if you cruise solo, you pay 200% of the cruise fare portion of the ticket.[/quote']

I know about cruising solo in a cabin. There would be my daughter-in-law in one cabin with my granddaughter and just me in the other cabin. We have done it many times but this would be the first on Disney.

I know about cruising solo in a cabin. There would be my daughter-in-law in one cabin with my granddaughter and just me in the other cabin. We have done it many times but this would be the first on Disney.

OK, I wasn't trying to be presumptuous....just didn't want you to be surprised at what would happen if you opted to cruise as a solo in a cabin.

But yes, on the new ships, there are many HA rooms connected to regular cabins.

OK' date=' I wasn't trying to be presumptuous....just didn't want you to be surprised at what would happen if you opted to cruise as a solo in a cabin.

But yes, on the new ships, there are many HA rooms connected to regular cabins.[/quote']

Yes, thank you. I'm sure folks on their first cruise are surprised by a number of things. Thanks for responding.

All info is welcome.

The Dream also has many HA cabins that sleep 3 (and some that sleep 4). We've stayed in 5552 on both the Dream and the Fantasy. It's got a huge extended balcony, a large room with lots of turn around room for the wheelchair and a large, accessible bathroom with a roll in shower.

5552 is conveniently located right next to the forward elevators and a great accessible cabin.

Oh yes, the HA cabins are HUGE and those with balconies have very large balconies. The down side is that some of them have items of furniture that are in a "standard" cabin missing in order to allow space to manipulate things.

For example, on the Magic in a cat 5, there was no drawer in the desk (to make more room to slide in a wheelchair. The items that are usually in the desk drawer were on top of the desk, making for more clutter/less use of desk. Obviously, there was no desk stool. In a cat 8, there was no coffee table--again, allowed more open space for a wheelchair, but no table if you ordered room service. Also, as far as I know all HA rooms have a single bath (rather than a split bath.)

I was just going to say HA cabins are super roomy, almost like a mini-suite. More than enough room for 3 people. We were in room 6014 on Fantasy. 2 big portal windows. Big thumbs up.

Edited by mdvlprof