Mini fridges

jacksmycat

My friend is going on the Disney Dream in a couple of weeks. I've never been on Disney. She will be traveling with her toddler who always asks for chocolate milk at 5 am. Does the Dream have mini fridges in the staterooms? Would they keep milk cold? I know the ones on Royal Caribbean don't get very cold, and I would expect milk would spoil in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My friend is going on the Disney Dream in a couple of weeks. I've never been on Disney. She will be traveling with her toddler who always asks for chocolate milk at 5 am. Does the Dream have mini fridges in the staterooms? Would they keep milk cold? I know the ones on Royal Caribbean don't get very cold, and I would expect milk would spoil in them.

It's my understanding that the Dream (as well as the Fantasy) have actual fridges in the rooms. And, I believe, the Magic got her "cooling boxes" replaced during her re-imagine.

The Wonder still has "cooling boxes" in most rooms, although I've read that some have been replaced with real fridges.

You can always put the ice bucket inside to make it colder (much like a cooler you use while camping).

Cabanas has skim, 2% whole and chocolate milk out at breakfast buffets. You could pick some up for the next morning.

I prefer to order milk and cookies from room service about 9pm each evening, just ask for chocholate milk.

There are also shelf stable chocolate milk boxes that your friend can bring on board and ready on demand. From there the cold factor is not a safety issue. Then you could keep it cold in an ice bucket even if the fridge did not chill to a cool enough temp : )

Are the fridges empty or do you need for them to be emptied by the room steward? Ill be bringing on liquids much "harder" than chocolate milk lol and want to keep them cold. Thanks so much!

Are the fridges empty or do you need for them to be emptied by the room steward? Ill be bringing on liquids much "harder" than chocolate milk lol and want to keep them cold. Thanks so much!

Other than in concierge cabins, they are empty.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Fantasy and the fridges are the same as the Dream...real ones, not just cool boxes. Also, we were concierge and they had regular and chocolate milk in cartons so I bet you could get a bunch of cartons of choc milk from room service...