Cancellation with ES: different question

Kingisacruiser

I did a search through the threads for an answer before I decided to post and I don't see anything that quite applies to my question. So here goes:

I booked two cabins Early Saver. In one cabin, one person may have to cancel. If I cancel that passenger before final payment is due, I understand that I will have to pay the $50 fee. However, will I be able to use the money left over from the deposit toward full payment for the rest of the cabin or wil lI be forced to use the left over deposit on a later cruise.

What happens if I cancel after final payment, with no insurance?

TIA.

Whoever paid the deposit will have the money from the deposit (minus the $50) put into an account for that person to use (I believe with two years). not sure if you can then use it to pay down your cruise or if it must be used for a new cruise. Call Carnival for a definitive answer.

Cancelling after final payment means bye-bye money.

Edited by Out to sea!

After final payment date standard cancellation fees apply to all bookings including early saver, except the ones like pack and go and instant saver, which are completely non refundable from the time of purchase.

Edited by n6uqqq

Whoever paid the deposit will have the money from the deposit (minus the $50) put into an account for that person to use (I believe with two years). not sure if you can then use it to pay down your cruise or if it must be used for a new cruise. Call Carnival for a definitive answer.

Cancelling after final payment means bye-bye money.

The person that may be cancelled is 17 years old. So we paid the deposit as her parent. Do they put the deposit in her name for a future cruise or one of the adult's name?

The person that may be cancelled is 17 years old. So we paid the deposit as her parent. Do they put the deposit in her name for a future cruise or one of the adult's name?

The deposit credit will go under the name of whoever paid the deposit. In my example above, where my son had to cancel, the deposit credit went to my name since I had paid. Just used that credit on my upcoming Liberty cruise.

If you paid the deposit, it goes into your name (or spouse's name)......whoever's name is on the credit card that was used.