Picking the best flight time

dduckieg

My family and I will be returning from the Breeze with a debarkation of 8 a.m. in Miami. My question is what would be the earliest time to book a flight out of Fort Lauderdale. Is a 2 p.m. flight pushing it? We do carry off our own luggage to expedite time.

Thanks all!! :D

Dduckieg

From the Carnival website, flights out of Miami shouldn't be any earlier than 11:30am

You can check this page:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is wonderful information, BUT the OP is flying out of FLL so the info about MIA is not very helpful.

With the 2:00 p.m. flight the OP is talking about there should not be any problem.

We had a 12 pm flight when we sailed the Liberty and self debarked. We were to FLL so early we couldn't check our luggage. You will have PLENTY of time. Seriously. Unless something unforeseen goes wrong. Which you can not predict, you will be fine.

We had a 12 pm flight when we sailed the Liberty and self debarked. We were to FLL so early we couldn't check our luggage. You will have PLENTY of time. Seriously. Unless something unforeseen goes wrong. Which you can not predict, you will be fine.

I just got off the Liberty with self debark I was off the ship by 7:00 am and in the FLL airport by 8:30 am, I could have made the 10:30 am flight to CT but left at 11:45.

Edited by Shipbound

I just got off the Liberty with self debark I was off the ship by 7:00 am and in the FLL airport by 8:30 am, I could have made the 10:30 am flight to CT but left at 11:45.

Exactly. I knew I was playing it safe with a 12 pm flight and it was agonizing waiting in the airport. Because in FLL they are really strict about when they let you check your luggage. FYI when they say 2 hours before your flight they mean it. I was wishing so badly that I had chosen an earlier flight...But I had never cruised out of Miami before so I didn't really know what to expect with getting to the airport that morning.

Thank you everyone. We fell very reassured by everyone's experiences. We are going with the 2 p.m. flight. The rest is up to mother nature.

Thanks again!!

you will have plenty of time morning of debark to get breakfast and take your time off the ship. Don't rush! Have fun!!

That is wonderful information, BUT the OP is flying out of FLL so the info about MIA is not very helpful.

I missed the part about the flight being out of FLL. :o

The link provided has the information for FLL as well. Flights no earlier than 12:00pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app