How can you take alcohol on RCI

Jsme

For the last 4 cruises (all over the past 2 years) we have brought either one or two (depending on how many are with us) cases of champagne with us. Put them in a suitcase, cover it with cloths and no fuss, no muss. We give our room steward $20 twice during the cruise (in addition to the normal tip) and he takes out a bottle or two every afternoon and puts them on ice. Never had a problem but we have had a lot of fun!!! Doing the same this Sunday when we go on Mariner. Got the RS!!! Woo Hoo!

Mark & Janet

Dearest Mark and Janet, my best buddies:

When is "our" next cruise? ;)

Carol

lacey86,

I agree, the prices are really cheap, cheaper than I can get them here in NJ and not have to schlep them in my luggage but other posters are saying rci has eliminated the $9.50 corking fee and you can't purchase on board to drink in your room (I believe the website says this too) Thoughts?Clarifications?

If they have the "twists" (smirnoff) I will just buy them on the boat to mix with cranberry juice for my cocktail before dinner. DH likes rum/coke so that will work, especially if it is as inexpensive as you say. We will still have a huge bar bill so rci will not be disappointed.

thanks

melissa

There should have been someone that reads these threads that just got off the Monarch of the Seas Monday, that should be able to report on the new "rule". I have been chatting with a loyalty Ambassador on an RCCL ship that is presently in the Mediterranean and she told me that the new policy went into effect Saturday, without any notice to guests beforehand. So those that purchased Friday were fine, but Saturday morning became a NoNo to purchase. The ship docks on the 13 for disembarkation. Will be interesting to hear other CC members talk about the rule in place.

I don't see a problem of just bringing a bottle or two aboard, as we always do, however, a 26 day voyage might require an additional suitcase.:eek:

Rick

Archived