Carnival Conquest PLEASE HELP!!!

ravluis

Hello All!!! I am planning a family cruise {10 people} on Conquest for February 1-8 2015. I've sailed on carnival a few times now but haven't been on conquest yet. Just wanted to get feedback on her. My family will range from ages 13-67 years old.. My first concern is, is conquest a 2.0 ship? because it would be nice to experience the 2.0 since I haven't. Also taking a cruise in February can we expect good weather? Is there any way for me to email the maître d and possibly request a table at dinner for us all to fit? Overall is conquest a good ship for a family vacation? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Conquest is a 2.0 ship. However, just FYI, we had a trip booked on Conquest on 2/15/15 out of Miami and were just informed by Carnival this morning that Conquest is moving to Fort Lauderdale starting in January, and we are being transferred to the Splendor with the same itinerary. Just for kicks I may call Carnival and ask what the new Conquest itinerary will be in case we decise we want to stay on Conquest.

Conquest is a 2.0 ship. However, just FYI, we had a trip booked on Conquest on 2/15/15 out of Miami and were just informed by Carnival this morning that Conquest is moving to Fort Lauderdale starting in January, and we are being transferred to the Splendor with the same itinerary. Just for kicks I may call Carnival and ask what the new Conquest itinerary will be in case we decise we want to stay on Conquest.

Hhmmm. This makes me wonder what other changes are in the works. Could Freedom be leaving Fort Lauderdale?

Conquest is a great ship. I sailed her last November. Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades.

O wow!!! Thank you so much for that information I will be calling them right now because we are looking to book the feb 1-8 2015 cruise out of Miami..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hhmmm. This makes me wonder what other changes are in the works. Could Freedom be leaving Fort Lauderdale?

Conquest is a great ship. I sailed her last November. Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades.

I think I read Freedom is going to Galveston, but I could be wrong.

I loved Conquest. l Great size ship, Guys Burgers and EA Sports Bar are amazing.

I am also on the Splendor 2/15/15 cruise. I was on Conquest the same time period (President's week) this past Feb., and decided to take Splendor for next Feb. because she was a "new" ship for us to experience. FYI - Conquest and Splendor were doing the EXACT same itinerary - right up to the same times in each port, and each port in the same order. Didn't make much sense to me. Now it does, if they had thoughts of moving Conquest. If they are switching everyone to Splendor, we are going to have a very crowded ship shortly!

Thank You so much for the information! I called Carnival and they advised me that splendor will now be doing that itinerary.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I cruised out of NOLA in Oct of 2013 on the Conquest and it was great! I REALLY loved all the dining options (Steakhouse and Guys Burgers are not on every ship). We had an OV cabin on the Riviera deck mid-ship and could not feel ANY movement bc the ship was so big.

We did the 7-night W. Carib itinerary and really had a blast! I had read some poor reviews about the ship (it was old etc...) but this did not bother us at all. My husband really loved the EA sports bar (also not on all ships) and the World Series was going on when we were cruising so that was a lot of fun.

Loved the Lido deck and the Seaside Theater. Pizza on the aft end of the ship was AMAZING!

We are going on the Fascination in January and I hope it is just as good of an experience. The Fascination does not have several of the features the Conquest does and I think the cabins are also smaller. However, we have friends going this time so I think it will be even more fun with a group!

Good luck on your Conquest cruise! We loved ours! :)