Ruby outdoor Trident Grill serving brisket

Orangefan

Tried this on the Sapphire over Christmas. We were not impressed. The BBQ sauce was benign, bland. There was not even a hint of heat. Meat was overcooked. It was really disappointing.

This reminds me of the first time we went to the Bayou Cafe with much anticipation. I soon learned you can't expect an Italian chef to know how to cook Cajun and now the same applies to ribs, wings, and brisket.

Princess needs to look at hiring some regional chefs much like some of the other lines have done.

Mike:)

This reminds me of the first time we went to the Bayou Cafe with much anticipation. I soon learned you can't expect an Italian chef to know how to cook Cajun and now the same applies to ribs, wings, and brisket.

Princess needs to look at hiring some regional chefs much like some of the other lines have done.

Yes, we had a similar experience with the Bayou Cafe - the "Cajun" food was really disappointing. However, the filet was excellent, and cooked to perfection. So I was happy with that. Not Cajun, but we enjoyed it.

As a Texan I am intrigued by this. Also frightened. Brisket can be so good when done by those who know how to cook it. I+Otherwise we call it shoe leather. It's probably safe to say a Texan will not be cooking it. Uh oh!

Cheers, Kenn

Yes, we had a similar experience with the Bayou Cafe - the "Cajun" food was really disappointing. However, the filet was excellent, and cooked to perfection. So I was happy with that. Not Cajun, but we enjoyed it.

I agree, the steaks are very good.

Just stay away from the creole/cajun foods as they are a pitiful attempt at regional cuisine.