Port of Tampa-parking transportation

lizjoemom

Hi all. We are going on a family cruise in August leaving from the port of Tampa and I am looking for some advice on transportation and or parking.

There are 17 of us and the debate is whether we take multiple cars and cram in with luggage or hire a shuttle bus to pick us up and drop off. We are all leaving from one location near Tampa in the Clearwater area so we could hire a bus service to pick us up, but I don't know if the price difference is worth it. Does anyone know of a reliable, not too expensive bus/shuttle service for this area?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows how much the valet service is at the Port of Tampa? We used it last time we sailed the Legend but I cant remember what the price was, and couldn't find it on the Carnival website. I appreciate any help or advice anyone can give! Thanks!

Google the Port Authority of Tampa and you should find some links to shuttle services on their web page.

Well, there used to be links there. I Googled "Tampa port shuttles" and a bunch of sites popped up.

Edited by cruzincurt

It is 80 for valet, 60 for no valet, i love the valet, so that's what we always use, it maybe cost effective for you guys to do a shuttle, I'm not sure though, call around to different limo and shuttle services, or go right on their website, and you can get quotes, google port of Tampa shuttles, and they come up

Google the Port Authority of Tampa and you should find some links to shuttle services on their web page.

Well, there used to be links there. I Googled "Tampa port shuttles" and a bunch of sites popped up.

I actually did google the port but the information was limited. I have called a couple of shuttle companies (most only shuttle to and from the airport). The cost is definitely more expensive than if we self parked at the port (15 dollars pp one way as compared to 14 dollars a day per car). I didn't see a price on the website for the valet however. I know that Carnival has one and it would be a lot easier if we valeted (sp?) because of the amount of people and the way we have to distribute the luggage between the cars. If there isn't a huge difference in price it might be worth it to hire the shuttle.

We used Ship or Shore last year and plan to use them again next week. Bob and his guys a very friendly and affordable. You can give him a call at 813-786-7878 or 813-741-3222.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks I will give them a call.

It is 80 for valet, 60 for no valet, i love the valet, so that's what we always use, it maybe cost effective for you guys to do a shuttle, I'm not sure though, call around to different limo and shuttle services, or go right on their website, and you can get quotes, google port of Tampa shuttles, and they come up

Thanks for the info. We liked the valet too, definitely worth it.

Actually it depends on the length of stay. It is $15.00 a day for non valet and you can tack on another $20.00 one time fee for valet. Here is the link to the parking site for the port.

I am going to valet on an upcoming Legend cruise and it will be $125.00

http://tampaport.centralparking.com/Cruise-Parking-Tampa.html

The issue I have with Valet, at least the one at the terminal, is someone driving your car around and it will end up sitting in the sun all week.

Once before, on a ship leaving Tampa, we watched from our balcony as they "rapidly" moved the cars from the local drop off point at the terminal down to a remote vacant area at the North end of the port authority fenced area. Once I did an offsite "leave your keys" at the airport only to come home and have a dented passenger door that wouldn't open. Their response "prove we did it". I had to eat that one.

I'll be parking in the shade of the garage.

Edited by cruzincurt