Lodging & Parking, Galveston TX.

For us, we always stay in Galveston, fun town with the ocean. Many online sites to get rooms very reasonable. Most all will let you park for free at the hotel then taxi to the port is inexpensive. Lots of good places to eat an we love walking the beach!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be sailing out of Galveston January 11, 2015 on Royal Caribbean's Navigator. It has been several years since I have sailed out of Galveston and would like some guidance. I will be driving from Oklahoma on interstate 45 The day before. A couple of places I have checked on in Galveston are already booked. I am not opposed to staying in the Houston area or even a little north maybe Huntsville or Conroe. I also need information on parking at the port. I wouldn't mind a park and stay situation in Galveston if I can find one under $200. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Bunches!!

I hope you mean January 10th and not the 11th because if you don't you just missed the ship. We're on that same cruise. And if you haven't joined our Roll Call come join it.

We always park at EZ-Cruise Park which is a few blocks from the cruise terminal. What I like about them is that once you get to their parking lot and they load your luggage on one of their buses they take you to the terminal. Even if you are the only two on the bus. They do not wait for the bus to be full. And no matter how early the ship comes in, they are there waiting for you. Right now Jason has a special $10.00 any sail date but it expires on May 31 of this year. The Promo Code is "anysail". The link is ezcruiseparking.com

Edited by lady_cruiser

Thank you lady_cruiser. I checked my info on the website and my emails with our TA and both says Sunday, January 11, 2015 through Sunday, January 18th, 2015. Navigator out of Galveston. Hmmmm? Will have to do some research.........

Thank you lady_cruiser. I checked my info on the website and my emails with our TA and both says Sunday, January 11, 2015 through Sunday, January 18th, 2015. Navigator out of Galveston. Hmmmm? Will have to do some research.........

Don't worry. You are correct.

Navigator sails from Galveston on Jan, 11th, returning the 18th.

We are on the 18th sailing:D

• 3 weeks later...

This past Dec we stayed at the Courtyard on the seawall. It was very nice. We opted for the indoor parking with Galveston Park & Cruise since it is directly across the street from the port. It is $65 for the week indoor. A motorcycle rally has made the price of staying in Galveston for our cruise this year in Nov quite high. Due to this we are booking the Hilton at Clear Lake right next to the space center and just down from the Kemah Boardwalk. We are also going to use Galveston Park & Cruise indoor parking again. It was great to get off the ship and take your bags across the street to your car and not have to mess with a shuttle. Hope this may help in some way! Happy Cruising!!:)

gin,

first off, never, ever go to the parking facility with your luggage. drive to the drop off point in front of the terminal, get out with your bags and have whoever you're traveling with drive to the parking facility. a porter will relieve you of your bags right at the curb and i tip them a measly dollar a bag. i drop off my wife and she takes care of the porter while i go park the truck.

second, galveston park and cruise is far and away my favorite. its 70 bucks for the week and is not just indoor, once the garage is full, about 20 vehucles, the doors are closed and locked for the entire week. i left my pistol in my wifes car once and accidently left the passenger wiindow open. it was still there when i returned. its right across the street from the terminal. maybe a 10 minute walk. no bus ride. reserve online and early. if you choose one of the outdoor lots that shuttle you over you will immediately notice what a superhuman pain it is to load your bags onto the shuttle and then back off at the terminal. we used to do that before we learned better. we plan on getting down there around 11am so plenty of time to stop at the terminal for drop off.

We always take our luggage to the parking facility and roll them across the street from Park N Cruise. It seems easier to us than fighting the traffic to drive through and put the luggage out and then drive over to the parking facility. Of course we only carry 2 suitcases.

Well, I can see I'm in the minority as far as Park & Cruise goes. We used this facility in May as we wanted covered parking. Well, thank goodness, our son in law was driving our Suburban because he didn't blink at eye at those tiny entrances and even smaller parking slots. He backed right in and didn't take down one of those huge concrete columns nor the fender off of the car next to us. I think it's an old abandoned warehouse? There was one attendant at the entrance and another who waved us into this "parking garage." That's it. We had already dropped our luggage with the porters but there were 6 of us with carry-ons. It's right across the street from Carnival, not Royal Caribbean. Unless we did something wrong, you have to walk down the block, cross the street to Carnival and then make a left to walk to Royal Caribbean. Rain was predicted for our return, however, skies were clear. We did a walk-off and hauled our luggage back to the Carnival terminal, across the street and down the block(s) to Cruise&Park. I didn't see a shuttle. In inclement weather, I suppose someone could run back to the car and then face the mobs in the terminal pick up/drop off lines to pick up luggage and others in the group but that seems such a hassle to me. For years and years, we've used EZ Cruise and won't stray again. It really is right across from the RCI terminal. We usually walk but the shuttle is always an option. EZ Cruise always has a friendly staff and cheerful employees. Should there be fog and if you have a wait for a spot, you can use their restroom facilities. Lighthouse and the port parking also have some pretty good reviews but we've never used either. What we found when trying to book our one might pre-cruise stay is that all hotels claimed they were booked. That was so highly unlikely for this time of year. So I plugged in two nights and, bingo, all of a sudden there was availability. We were using points and supposedly blackouts are not permitted. We've stayed in Clear Lake, too. Those hotels along 45 are such a madhouse! Galveston is the better, calmer choice. This website shows the location of various hotels and also the price for your dates: http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com

Edited by 05mak05

Has anyone arrived in town on the day of departure?

I have cruised 4 times and always arrived the day before. Cruising on the Triumph on the 6th of October and so far DH has to work on the 5th.

This is also our first time out of Galveston, so Im not too sure. We really want to fly in (10 hour drive from TN). Flying in on departure day seems nerve wreaking! Advice!