Carnival Magic dry dock Feb 8-Mar 15 2015

Topo Gigio

Wondering what will be done during her 5 weeks dry dock. I guess she will be getting a couple of specialty restaurants like on the Sunshine like Bonsai Sushi, Fahrenheit 555, Jiji's Asian Kitchen and included venues like Guy's Burger and Blue iguana Cantina.

Wondering what will be done during her 5 weeks dry dock. I guess she will be getting a couple of specialty restaurants like on the Sunshine like Bonsai Sushi, Fahrenheit 555, Jiji's Asian Kitchen and included venues like Guy's Burger and Blue iguana Cantina.

Magic already has a steakhouse, so I doubt that is it (other than renaming it).

Isnt 5 weeks a long drydock time to add a few dining options.

Maybe upgrading the generators and engines,

Probably adding new cabins as well

Every other conquest class ship that has had extended drydock (starting with her next oldest sister Liberty) has received Captain's suites and the deluxe oceans view cabins above the bridge. I would think she would get those as well. The last couple of gotten to Breeze's decor added as well. Engine replacement seems extreme, from my point of view. I think they would have to cut a hole in to change from the temporary generators added to the top deck, not sure that is feasible or not.

Isnt 5 weeks a long drydock time to add a few dining options.

Maybe upgrading the generators and engines,

Probably adding new cabins as well

But with Carnival you never know. It can go from 5 weeks to 2...just sayin';)

The Magic already has cabins above the bridge. Not all Fahrenheit 555's have the same décor. It's probably just the basic 2.0 upgrades since she already has almost everything.

I can't think of a place where they could add a Bonsai Sushi or a Ji Ji Asian Kitchen. I didn't like the placement of Ji Ji on the Sunshine.

Every other conquest class ship that has had extended drydock (starting with her next oldest sister Liberty) has received Captain's suites and the deluxe oceans view cabins above the bridge. I would think she would get those as well. The last couple of gotten to Breeze's decor added as well. Engine replacement seems extreme, from my point of view. I think they would have to cut a hole in to change from the temporary generators added to the top deck, not sure that is feasible or not.

Magic isn't a Conquest Class Ship. It is a Dream Class.

Engine replacement seems extreme, from my point of view. I think they would have to cut a hole in to change from the temporary generators added to the top deck, not sure that is feasible or not.

I was thinking more about redundancy and the scrubbers.

Cutting a hole in the hull isn't that big of a deal for extended drydock

I was thinking more about redundancy and the scrubbers.

Cutting a hole in the hull isn't that big of a deal for extended drydock

Cutting the whole isnt it, but replacing the engines is. When they did the Spelndor, I thought they were making a film of it for the Discovery channel, but it must have been veto'd. Scrubbers is a good point, very possibly true.

Something big must be done during her dry dock, because on average in 2 weeks they can implement all 2.0 upgrades. So much more will be happening if she stays for 5 weeks in dry dock.

Good Point.......I just hope she stays in Galveston for a long time. I know the Dream is in NOLA but the Magic still has so much more to offer.

They will probably announce the changes March 16, 2015.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

They will most likely breezeify it with a few new features that will be tests for the vista

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Nah. They'll be Freedomizing it. Freedom has been the most important and anticipated drydock this decade. They already know what they're doing to Vista.

Edited by EZ4

Are you guys trying to say that Carnival has made changes to drydocks for their ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No. We're saying that historically, you shouldn't hold your breath for a timely announcement from Carnival.