questions for those who have VISITED Dubrovnick

Greetings! This question is not on the Dubrovnick merged post because I am looking for an answer for those who have VISITED Dubrovnick :)

I am looking for recommendations of DIY tours or tour guide?

Recommend a good restaurant please as well :)

Thanks so much in advance:)

Hi Jeff and Mel.

We caught the bus from the cruise terminal to the Fort. Walked around the walled city for a while checking out the shops, churches, cafes ect ect which was extremely nice.

We walked down to the marina and jumped on a small boat which took us all around the island, past beautiful houses and beaches.

Got back to port and had a beer or two then a nice lunch ( cannot recall the name sorry )

It was a beautiful place and we had such a great day.

Enjoy.

Cheers Bob & Chris.:)

Greetings! This question is not on the Dubrovnick merged post because I am looking for an answer for those who have VISITED Dubrovnick :)

I am looking for recommendations of DIY tours or tour guide?

Recommend a good restaurant please as well :)

Thanks so much in advance:)

if you are visiting in high season I would get a boat, taxi or bus to Cavtat and chill on the beach, restaurant follow your nose, nobody goes hungry in Croatia.

In regards to Dubrovnik, if you have never been we had a couple of must see’s

Celebrity was offering a free bus ride to the sea-side town of cavtat. Not a long bus ride but what a beautiful town. We just strolled along the waterside that borders the town.

A lot of nice café’s and places to sit as you walk.

http://cavtatcroatia.com/

In Dubrovnik you can do a lot on your own. We just walked the old town and took in the sites. When in Dubrovnik you must go to Café Buza!! Not a lot of people know about it but what a gem. This bar/café is in a class of its own. It’s hard to find, but definitely worth it. If you walk along the inside of the south wall in Dubrovnik’s walled old town, you’ll see a small doorway with a sign saying “Cold drinks” and “The best view in Dubrovnik”. Follow those signs, and you’ll emerge through the city wall and into a café that clings to the outside, far about the rocks and waves below. You’ve found Buza. You can always ask if you get lost (we did) We enjoyed a cold Croatian beer there and just took in the view.

http://www.croatiatravelblog.com/top-attractions-in-dubrovnik/

Regards,

Frank

This is a very easy DIY port. We took the ships shuttle into town (for the two of us it was cheaper than a taxi). We walked the wall, explored the old town and then took the cable car to the top of the hill. The old town is full of cafes. We didn't eat at any though so I can't provide a recommendation.

We were there in November 2013. We took the city bus to the old town walls, walked up through town and found the hike up to the top of the mountain, hiked up and back (we intended to ride the cable car down but it was closed due to wind), walked the town walls, walked around old town looking at shops and churches etc, and stopped for the most incredible bowl of mussels (DH) and fish soup (me) at a spot we stumbled into because they had a free Wi-Fi sign- receipt says Restoran Steak House , Od Domina 3. I think it was near intersection of Od Domina and Od Rupa in the walled part of town. We took the city bus back to the port.

Great day even with the wind and rain.

And if you like bridges, be sure to check out the incredible suspension bridge coming into port.

a follow up on restaurants. While cruise critic is great for a lot of things, we found "trip advisor" very helpful for restaurants because the reviews tend to be much more focused and from a broader base.

In addition, we learned that while looking for the "free Wi-Fi" sign, there would often be a sign showing a trip advisor rating in a restaurant window. For a lot of ports we wanted to look at menus and decide when and what to eat more spontaneously and the trip advisor sign was really helpful.