Just Booked the Anthem of the Sea

I also booked on anthem a spa Jr Suite for a Dec 2015 sailing, but I need some help, flying out from Cali to newark, never been out to NJ, just wondering how much time do I need to give myself for a flight, hows the weather? Thanks

Always give your self a day when flying, especially long distance and in the winter. When we went on Liberty it was June and we flew the morning of. Our flight was booked through Royal Caribbean and should have had enough time but the plane that had to come to EWR first was running into poor conditions out west so our flight did not leave on time. We made it to the ship but were one of the last ones onboard.

On the Oasis we sailed in January and learned to fly the day before, their was no weather on the radar but 60 minutes before we took off we got a pop up snow squall in PHL. The flight one hour earlier than ours left on time when it started and landed on time. Ours boarded on time (snow was even stopped by then, only lasted about 5-10 minutes), left the terminal on time, but had to de-ice so we did not take off until 40 minutes after we should have landed in FL! Obviously it was a good thing we were not sailing that day.

So any time you have to fly a long distance I would recommend going the day before, especially in winter, but as we saw in June delays could happen any time of year.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Lol... make sure I meet you!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

I am sure we will see each other - about 15 years ago I actually lived in York PA - so I was almost real neighbors :)

Since we are already on the Quantum we plan to just relax and not even worry about making dinner reservations.

Pat

Also booked the 3 Nights in March with Royal last week . At that time they were not able to apply the balcony discount. and advise to call back next week. Have not called back yet, but the balcony discount should apply:

Platinum

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

Emerald

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

Diamond

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

Our TA is having the same issue with the discount being applied - she mentioned about being less than 5 nights - the new only apply if its a Next Cruise or Open Booking & they start at 5 nights.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Our TA is having the same issue with the discount being applied - she mentioned about being less than 5 nights - the new only apply if its a Next Cruise or Open Booking & they start at 5 nights.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

I think she is talking about a balcony discount and you are talking about an onboard credit?

Length of

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

I think she is talking about a balcony discount and you are talking about an onboard credit?

Agree. The balcony discount has nothing to do with on board booking benefits and should be applied to the 3 night cruise.

I just think our TA was probably speaking to someone who didn't have her information correct and is maybe getting the # of days confused between the OBC & the Balcony Discount:D - someone else here posted that they couldn't get it applied yet & was told to call back.

Pat

oops - was typing quicker than my mind was thinking - I am thinking the rep my ta was getting the days/disc type confused

Just heard from my TA:

I just got off the phone with Renee at Crown & Anchor.....she was not able to apply the $125.00 discount because she said this was a Special 3 ngt sailing and it was not being offered on the Anthem ..but she promised to double check and get back to me today (C&A #800-526-9723) and she forwarded the problem to her "Leadership Team Supv" ...she said that she was aware of a problem with the Anthem sailings as they applied to the Diamond Discount but she thought he had been settled...but she is at least willing to follow through for me....as soon as she is able to resolve she will contact me.

I remember seeing another post about a problem w/the disc & the studio balcony so maybe there are things to be ironed out.

Pat

Just heard from my TA:

I just got off the phone with Renee at Crown & Anchor.....she was not able to apply the $125.00 discount because she said this was a Special 3 ngt sailing and it was not being offered on the Anthem ..but she promised to double check and get back to me today (C&A #800-526-9723) and she forwarded the problem to her "Leadership Team Supv" ...she said that she was aware of a problem with the Anthem sailings as they applied to the Diamond Discount but she thought he had been settled...but she is at least willing to follow through for me....as soon as she is able to resolve she will contact me.

I remember seeing another post about a problem w/the disc & the studio balcony so maybe there are things to be ironed out.

Pat

A 3 night sailing is a 3 night sailing, if you ask me. I hope they honor the discount.

A 3 night sailing is a 3 night sailing, if you ask me. I hope they honor the discount.

I agree. That's nonsense and a seriously slippery slope... What's next, declaring well-booking inaugural season cruises of new ships as "special" and exempt from the discount?

I hope, and indeed suspect, that this is just an error and will be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I agree. That's nonsense and a seriously slippery slope... What's next, declaring well-booking inaugural season cruises of new ships as "special" and exempt from the discount?

I hope, and indeed suspect, that this is just an error and will be corrected.

Just called to give my TA my credit card info for deposit & she gave me good news. She had just gotten off the phone w/RCCL and the balcony discounts do apply for this cruise - they had just had them loaded onto that sailing. So we are now getting a $125 balcony discout.:D

Pat

Just called to give my TA my credit card info for deposit & she gave me good news. She had just gotten off the phone w/RCCL and the balcony discounts do apply for this cruise - they had just had them loaded onto that sailing. So we are now getting a $125 balcony discout.:D

Pat

Great!!! Glad to hear you got a good result :)

DO obstructed on deck 6

I did as well. With balcony discount it came out cheaper than an inside. :D

Hi

There is three night in may 2015. When can I book restaurants. After PIF date next year? This is for the anthem :)

We don't know yet. It may not be that long since they are allowing next year's Quantum cruises to book dining on May 15. I wonder if Anthem sailing will be able to as well.

Edited by yj2cute