Are these dress's to formal?

Lovely dresses. My favorite is the short white dress with the black accent. As several other people commented, You'll be dressed appropriately. Bonus: One pair of shoes will match all the dresses.

However, since I'm an English teacher, I can't help pointing out that the plural of dress is dresses. 's shows possession; for example, the woman's dress.

Finally, I can't wait to tell someone he or she is "smart as a carrot". Does this always refer to LOOKING nice or dressing sharply, or can it refer to having done well on a test or a project?

Edited by MrsPete

However, since I'm an English teacher, I can't help pointing out that the plural of dress is dresses. 's shows possession; for example, the woman's dress.

Finally, I can't wait to tell someone he or she is "smart as a carrot". Does this always refer to LOOKING nice or dressing sharply, or can it refer to having done well on a test or a project?

Since we're editing posts now, as an English teacher, you should know that the period goes INSIDE the end quote mark.... "smart as a carrot." Or you should take time off showing how smart you are and comment on fashion on the fashion board.

But bonus point for not correcting the "too." Or did you miss that?

We really put thought into our outfits, my daughter and I have very similar tastes, and I agree, we will look like we match, without wearing the same thing. My husband will wear a black suit, white shirt, with a black, white & silver tie. My daughter didn't want a full length gown, I guess that age group do not think it's cool?

But I am very happy with the two dress's she has chosen.

I especially love the white dress, I wish I wasn't in my 30's, I would love to wear that dress sometime!

But I fell it's more for the younger age bracket. Haha ohh to be 20 something again :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you take the opportunity to organise a family portrait in the formal night. You'll all look fabulous :).

We cruise in August on Oasis of the seas and my step daughter (17) just got 2 full length gowns , I have 2 full length gowns and my daughter (22) who has always battled with her weight found 2 beautiful high low "gowns" for our formal nights. My daughter was very upset her's were not full length but after a full day of battling the plus size shops she settled for the high low styles. So as you can tell we LOVE to dress up especially on formal nights!!

The dresses you showed are gorgeous.And your son will look smashing!

I work with severely Autistic children God bless you and your son.

You are all going to look stunning! How can you be too formal when it is formal night. It's called formal night for a reason! Our family loves dressing up too. Go! Shine! Enjoy! And make sure to share lots of pics when you get back!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on many Australian cruises and yes we are a little more relaxed about dress than a lot of others nations.

BUT those dresses are far too nice not to wear. Walk tall and proud with your family and yes, get lots of photos taken.

But please do not be too disappointed when the kids want to go and get changed to go back to teen club, most do.