Waterworks or no waterworks?

beckzay

We're going to be booking a cruise for April 2015, but I'm looking for some opinions. It will be me, my husband and our 3 kids (ages 14, 21 and 21). My husband and I have cruises 4 times before but the kids have never been.

The two we are looking at are the 5 day W. Caribbean (the older kids have always wanted to go to Jamaica) on the Victory OR the 5 day Bahamas on the Fascination. The Victory is a little bit more expensive but not enough to be a deciding factor. My husband and I would love either, but what do you think is best for our age kids? Both have 2 sea days so I'm thinking the Fascination is better because of Waterworks? What else am I missing that might help me decide? Thanks!!!

We won't cruise on a ship without an extensive waterpark after taking the kids on the magic. It was so fun for them. When deciding on our latest cruise I only searched including dream, magic, breeze or sunshine.

We're going to be booking a cruise for April 2015, but I'm looking for some opinions. It will be me, my husband and our 3 kids (ages 14, 21 and 21). My husband and I have cruises 4 times before but the kids have never been.

The two we are looking at are the 5 day W. Caribbean (the older kids have always wanted to go to Jamaica) on the Victory OR the 5 day Bahamas on the Fascination. The Victory is a little bit more expensive but not enough to be a deciding factor. My husband and I would love either, but what do you think is best for our age kids? Both have 2 sea days so I'm thinking the Fascination is better because of Waterworks? What else am I missing that might help me decide? Thanks!!!

We cruised on Fascination in March. It's a great ship with a great crew. That being said, my kids (ages then 14 and 11) had no interest in the Waterworks. Daughter went down one slide, said it was slow, and went for the pool.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

We've sailed on the Fascination several times. I think that the Waterworks is NOT enough of a reason to choose it over a bigger, nicer ship with a better itinerary, specially considering your adult kids ages.

One thing to consider when sailing out of Jacksonville in April is that you could potentially have cooler days since you're sailing from a port 350 miles north of Miami. When we sailed out of Jacksonville. We had temperatures in the 30's on departure date and it didn't warm up until we got to Key West on day 3. Waterworks was open for 2 out of the 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Excellent point about the weather.

We were on the Victory last year and would have to vote for the Victory. Waterworks is great for smaller kids but you really have 4 adults on this trip (Like another poster said). I would go with the Victory and the better ports.

We sailed the Ealtion, which would be about the same as the Fascination. Our kids loved the Waterworks, but they were 5&6. Now that they are older (7&8), they will need a ship with a larger waterpark, not one like you will find on the older ships.

We did that itinerary on the Victory in March and had a great time! Ocho Rios is our favorite port. Be sure to go to Dunns River Falls, and go early to beat the crowds. Our favorite lunch spot is the Ocho Rios Jerk Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For that age group, I would definitely not make the Waterworks the deciding factor. After 10 trips down the slides, they will be done. I would base my cruise on the itinerary. Go with the Victory and 8 hours in Jaimaca over the Fascination and 1 hour at the Water park. (Also, the Victory does have a single slide and outdoor Seaside theater).