New years cruise

love2traveljen

Has anyone done a New Years cruise? I'm doing the fantasy dec 27-jan 3rd cruise and wondering about the formal nights. I assume they will so one formal nigh for New Year's Eve. Just confirming for packing dresses :)

Jen

Former Royal Caribbean employee, 10 years at sea :)

Has anyone done a New Years cruise? I'm doing the fantasy dec 27-jan 3rd cruise and wondering about the formal nights. I assume they will so one formal nigh for New Year's Eve. Just confirming for packing dresses :)

Jen

We are doing one this year on the breeze. There are some reviews here of what happens on New Year's Eve. Can't search right now cuz I am on my iPhone.

Former royal employee? Very interesting, what did you so?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

We are doing one this year on the breeze. There are some reviews here of what happens on New Year's Eve. Can't search right now cuz I am on my iPhone.

Former royal employee? Very interesting, what did you so?

Thank you! I will research. I worked on royal as an airbrushed tattoo artist! Royal and Norwegian has them. Didn't pay the best but I got to see the word! It was fantastic :) now I'm cursing first time as a passenger with my family.

Jen

I was on the Ecstasy last NY and had a great time. NYE was a formal night and some people were very dressed up but a lot were just in smart/casual. There were a few people wandering around in shorts or jeans so there was a bit of everything.

Thank you! I will research. I worked on royal as an airbrushed tattoo artist! Royal and Norwegian has them. Didn't pay the best but I got to see the word! It was fantastic :) now I'm cursing first time as a passenger with my family.

Jen

Outstanding! Enjoy it and let us know your thoughts when you return.

Hey, we are on this cruise also. :) We did a New Years cruise on the Glory a few years back and I really cannot remember, but it seems as though New Years eve was not a formal night. I know they had a great party on the Lido that night and were passing out cheap champagne.

We were on the Freedom this past year and formal night was not on New Years Eve. It must depend on sea days/short or long port days. I had already planned for formal night on New Years Eve but it worked out ok. My husband forgot his shoes anyway. (told him not to mess with the suitcase after I packed it but he just had to)

We did NYE on Victory last year and the dress code was whatever you were comfortable in. Some were dressed in glitter, some in casual, and everyone fit right in. We were casual, as we are most every night. We're not ones to get "dressed up" on vacation. A really great cruise, fun party on lido deck, and one in the atrium. First time in years I actually stayed up until midnight!

Sent from my Ipad

We did Liberty last New Years and it was a formal night. Balloon drop at 11pm in the atrium and watching the ball drop on the big screen on Lido for midnight. Very crowded but lots of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the New Years Cruise on Fascination this past year. Loved it so much, we are repeating again in December. It was not our formal night but most were dressed a little more than casual. Had great backdrops for photos that night. The party was located on the lido deck under the stars. Champagne flowed "freely" throughout the evening as well as on embarkation day. Whoo Hoo