Split -- cost for underground tour ?

I've read where we will need to get Kunas in order to take the palace underground tour. Can anyone tell me the latest cost per person? Also, where did you exchange money, or find an ATM? I also read where there are souvenirs sold during the tour....just trying to figure out how much cash I should have for this port! Thanks for any help!

I've read where we will need to get Kunas in order to take the palace underground tour. Can anyone tell me the latest cost per person? Also, where did you exchange money, or find an ATM? I also read where there are souvenirs sold during the tour....just trying to figure out how much cash I should have for this port! Thanks for any help!
for up to date prices google the State run Tourist Board of Split. My wife used to be a duty manager years ago and if you email your questions you get a truthful answer.

Croatia invented the Tie so it makes a great souvenir:rolleyes:

There are Banks and ATM's all over Split the tourist board we E you a map.

When we did this in 2012 we used the Bureau de Change near the palace. From memory it's on your right as you walk from the tender towards Diocletian's Palace. I think we used €35 to buy enough Kunas for 5 tickets to the underground part of the structure. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]DzbACT0KV-M[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure if you are referring to the actual guided tours of the Palace or to to the admission ticket that allows you access to the basements area (best preserved part of the "living quarters". I didn't do the guided tour but I have in my notes (from last year) that they cost 90 kuna per person and do not include the admission ticket. For some reason I didn't write down the cost of the ticket but from memory it wasn't very expensive.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the actual guided tours of the Palace or to to the admission ticket that allows you access to the basements area (best preserved part of the "living quarters". I didn't do the guided tour but I have in my notes (from last year) that they cost 90 kuna per person and do not include the admission ticket. For some reason I didn't write down the cost of the ticket but from memory it wasn't very expensive.

I did mean just the basements area. I have a guide book that will be sufficient I think do do a self guided tour of the Palace, but I've seen a couple of different prices quoted for the basements area...so just want to make sure I have enough Kunas. It does sound from a previous post that it's easy to find ATMs, so I should be fine! Thanks for your reply!

for up to date prices google the State run Tourist Board of Split. My wife used to be a duty manager years ago and if you email your questions you get a truthful answer.

Croatia invented the Tie so it makes a great souvenir:rolleyes:

There are Banks and ATM's all over Split the tourist board we E you a map.

Thank you for that suggestion! I have emailed them this morning.

I actually have instructions to bring home a tie for my son-in-law! He and my daughter went to Croatia on their honeymoon 4 years ago, so we have heard wonderful stories about the country. We are excited to visit!