Constellation Oceanview Buffet

rjgdjg

Hi-

We're thinking about going on the Constellation and have a question about their cafeteria. Is it open for dinner? If so, is it a full selection, with hot entrees and more? What kind of food is served?

We're a bit confused, because we've seen references in some reviews to only pizza and pasta. We've found on other cruise lines that we like having an option to the MDR. RCI and Princess both have the same entrees in their cafeteria that are served in the MDR.

Thanks!

Hi-

We're thinking about going on the Constellation and have a question about their cafeteria. Is it open for dinner? If so, is it a full selection, with hot entrees and more? What kind of food is served?

We're a bit confused, because we've seen references in some reviews to only pizza and pasta. We've found on other cruise lines that we like having an option to the MDR. RCI and Princess both have the same entrees in their cafeteria that are served in the MDR.

Thanks!

It's a buffet.

I have never chosen to eat there for dinner, but I'm sure many posters will soon tell you that there is way more there than just pasta and pizza.

I recommend the Connie. We've cruised on her four times and are looking forward to a fifth time in October. Have fun deciding.

Buffet ( Ocean view cafe) at dinner is VERY extensive with HUGE numbers of selections for main courses, side dishes, salads, breads,

desserts, beverages----- sushi ---- Indian foods/ Asian choices....

its just endless. You will LOVE it, and find everything you could possible want.

The buffet last week was very good with many different options. Make sure you walk to the back as there are a few stations back there with different choices.

The few times we used the dining room the food was served to us just warm or cold and looked as if it had been sitting out a long time.

IMO the buffet was the better choice for food which is usually a place I hate to eat much preferring the main dining rooms.

Edited by woodley

Thank you for your great response!

Do you, by any chance, remember how long the full selection is available in the evening?

It's so hard to find this info out...

The Constellation had more diners and a better selection for evening meals than S-Class ships we've cruised. Also, more crew keeping tables clean, and bar service.

The evening buffet is not replenished after a certain time. Yet, meats, stir-fry and salad are available, as well as pasta and warmed pizza. The evening buffet is better for us than dinner in the MDR.

If you plan to dine after 8:30pm, don't expect as many choices or for the food presentation to be hot or fresh. My word choices are based on fuzzy recall.

It's possible this post will find a poster with a recent recall.

Penny

Do you, by any chance, remember how long the full selection is available in the evening?

I am not 100% sure but I think the buffet was open till about 9.30pm and then there was stir fry, pasta and Pizza open till very late. I think we had Pizza & wine gone midnight a couple of evenings.

Sushi was available from about 5pm to 7ish.

They cooked meats to order at the very back of the buffetchicken,strip steak, burgers and fish etc but portions were quite small (3oz size)so ask for more than one.

The only thing I felt was missing that I have had on other cruise lines was shell fish and appetizers.

Was on the Connie last month. Dinner service in the buffet begins at 6pm and goes until 9:30 for its full menu. I suggest you arrive by 9pm if you want to explore the full buffet as they will start breaking down the lines early if traffic is light.