Princess Cays question re: clamshell rental

xyankee

Are clamshell rentals available in the Sanctuary at Princess Caye area or are they only in the mail area? I know they are available on a first come basis but I believe we get priority tender tickets since we will be staying is a suite. Any info on the Sanctuary area on Princess Caye will be appreciated.

Are clamshell rentals available in the Sanctuary at Princess Caye area or are they only in the mail area? I know they are available on a first come basis but I believe we get priority tender tickets since we will be staying is a suite. Any info on the Sanctuary area on Princess Caye will be appreciated.

If you have selected your cruise already, you can go to the sight for your cruise, aka 'my personalizer' and find where you can reserve shore excursions. You can then add one to your list of things you want to do that day. You will only be charged if the ship goes to the island. (Sometimes the seas are too rough and they can not get the tenders into the water.)

On the day you are there, it is a 'first come, first served' to get yours. They now have them on both sides of the beach so you can choose either side to relax and enjoy your day.

We actually got the last one on the side where you have to walk across the bridge to get to this last winter on our cruise and have to say, even getting the last one, it was pretty great!

Have a great cruise and still bring sunscreen, even if you will be in the shell! It is hot and you can 'cook' out there!

The sanctuary is adults only and is at the far left as you get off of the tenders. Thereo are bungalows but no clamshells. You have to get a bungalow to gain access...we'll mostly. I'll add a thread for that one.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina

We were there on Feb. 2nd and we did not have any tender priority. We just got up early and we made the first tender. We just walked over to the clamshell side and presented our ticket to the guys (we reserved on line) and we basically got the first clam shell. We had our pick and we chose a great spot.

As usual, the early bird gets the good clamshell....

Gee, the week we were there in February, there were shells on both sides. We wanted to get shells next to each other with some friends we met up with and there was only one available on the adult side. The other couple went to the 'masses' side.

As one looks at a map of the island, the tendered dock sort of in the middle. When looking towards the island the adult side is on the right side. At least it was for our cruise.

RNGALNG, thank you for your reply. Is the side across the bridge the area for adults only?

No its on the same side the tender drops you off but its all the way at the end.

As stated there are bungalows. A long walk

Edited by Colo Cruiser

When looking towards the island the adult side is on the right side. At least it was for our cruise.

Not sure what you mean by the adult side.

The only area where children are not allowed is where the sanctuary bungalows are.

No its on the same side the tender drops you off but its all the way at the end.

As stated there are bungalows. A long walk

Yikes! I reserved a bungalow for our upcoming cruise wanting to have an air condition space available for DH. He doesn't tolerate heat very well for extended periods of time. He planned on spending part of the time at the beach and part at the bungalow. Since we're also cruising with our 8 and 10 year old grandkiddies, we were hoping to be close to the swim area, but it sounds like the bungalows might be quite a distance away. Would we be better off reserving a couple of clamshells? Would they be closer to the swimming area?

I object 2,

Get a regular bungalow not a "sanctuary" bungalow. The regular ones are family friendly and very close to the swim area. When you get on board I would go to the excursion desk and request a bungalow with a low number. They start at 1 and go up as you get further from the swim area. The Sanctuary bungalows start at #19.

You can't beat the AC, especially if someone does not take well to the heat. It can get very hot on Princes Cays.

I object 2,

Get a regular bungalow not a "sanctuary" bungalow. The regular ones are family friendly and very close to the swim area. When you get on board I would go to the excursion desk and request a bungalow with a low number. They start at 1 and go up as you get further from the swim area. The Sanctuary bungalows start at #19.

You can't beat the AC, especially if someone does not take well to the heat. It can get very hot on Princes Cays.

Thanks for the information, Mr. Julius. I'm glad we reserved the bungalow now. Will try to get one close to the swim area so I can keep an eye on the kiddos and DH. :D