Mother's Day with Carnival

cruise_gal21

I would be surprised if they did anything. Mother's Day is not the same day in other countries and isn't a holiday so not sure what you would expect to be done!

You are right it just a normal cruise, no extras. I've been on one.

Gary

So, what exactly does Carnival do for Mother's Day? This is our 2nd cruise and first over a holiday. It'll be embarkation day for us on the Fantasy, so if anyone has sailed over Mother's Day I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

Talk about a sore subject. We booked a cruise one year on a day we didn't know was American Mothers Day. *yes, Mothers Day in Europe is celebrated on a different day.

In any case, no mention of the day was ever made.

I mostly asked because it was mentioned on JH's FB a few weeks back that they now had a larger budget for the holidays they celebrated, of which Mother's Day was listed. I'm not sure why some don't consider it a holiday, it is on most all American calendars and celebrated through many households. I was just merely curious as to what Carnival did on past cruises since I myself didn't think much about it until then.

I think all they did was give out a special desert to all the women on board with something that said happy mothers day written on it. I know my mom loved it and made her feel special.

Carnival gives mothers a rose and a special dessert for Mother's Day.

We were on the Breeze last year during Mother's Day and in the MDR I received a special dessert and flower. I think our room steward might have done something special but, I can't remember.

A carnation and a dessert that says "Mom".

Thank you all for the info. This is a very nice gesture from a cruise line that isn't obligated to do anything, but knows how special this day is to many ppl.