NCL Sun October 2015 - when will it show up to book?

welove2cruise*

There is a press release on the NCL site that mentions the Sun doing 11-night Mexican Riviera itineraries in October 2015 but they have not opened this up to book yet. They show no cruise availability for the Sun after September 2015 and yet the other ships show their itineraries into 2016. I wish I knew why the delay.

"Norwegian Sun will also offer three 11-Day Mexican Riviera sailings in October 2015 from San Diego, California. Ports of call include Manzanillo, Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; La Paz (Pichilingue), Mexico; an overnight in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; and Ensenada, Mexico."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever done an overnight in Cabo San Lucas? A few times when just stopping at Cabo we have been unable to tender in to the dock due to rough seas. I cannot imagine how they are going to deal with tendering all night long.

That being said we just booked the October 2015 11 day Mexican Riviera on the Sun. Would not be surprised however, if they did not change the order of ports and stop at Cabo first and then overnight in PV . ( or maybe Acapulco !!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Cabo was my favorite port in the Mexican Riviera. I think an overnight there would be wonderful. We thought about this itinerary and then opted for the Iberian Peninsula out of London just to see places we haven't been yet.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I found out that Ooher cruise lines, in similar circumstances, have required passengers to re-board in the late afternoon that first day, pulled up anchor and slowly cruised around the area all night and then the second morning re -anchoring .

I understand this is done because often the sea conditions are too dangerous to use tenders in the evening into Cabo and they do not want to strand passengers overnight in Cabo.....perhaps for even longer then overnight should the sea not be conducive for tendering at all the next morning.

Not sure exactly what NCL's plans are but we too have decided not to take this cruise .