NHL playoffs

champagnee

Pretty much no, unless there's a game on the national NBC network, and typically those games are only on the weekends. NBCSN does most of the games during the week, never have seen that channel onboard, but have seen games on NBC.

Not likely, but your best bet is the sports bar on the ship. Even if they don't show the game, you can at least get the scores. We have been on a cruise twice when our team (Hi jmwg49! Yes, GO PENS!!!) was in the playoffs (May 2010 and May 2013) and none of the hockey playoffs were shown but we were able to see when the scores would be scrolled at the bottom of the screens.

Guess I'll always be a bit fuzzy as to why this gets so confused.

The national broadcast channel for the NHL is NBC, and it's associated channels.....NBC...CNBC...and the NBC sports network, or NBCSN. Of those, the only channel available on the ships, especially for hockey coverage, is NBC, which is usually available on most ships. You won't see hockey on ESPN or FOX or any other nationwide sports network. And I seriously doubt we'll ever see a regional channel like MESN or other regional FOX sports stations, along with the Canadian channels, like TSN or HNIC. The EA Sports bar makes no difference, the ships don't seem to carry the other NBC or regional channels. I have seen hockey, even playoff hockey when cruising, but its only been on the weekends when NBC will broadcast games. During the week, especially during the NHL playoffs, games are on the other NBC sports channels, which most ships don't seem to have. Like someone else posted, during the week, you can keep up with scores, and even highlights in the sports bars, ESPN will show those. But watching games live, unless its a Saturday or Sunday, pretty much ain't happening.

To bad, better be at sea than watching hockey !!!!!!!! GO HABS GO !!!!!!

Which is one reason why I do not cruise during the playoffs.

Go Habs!

Habs and 'Ruins is gonna be a great series!

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Edited by soccersharon