2 embark days on itinerary

kcr526

I'm hoping some of you can help me wrap my head around this. :) We're going on a Western Med cruise out of Civitavecchia in 2015. I noticed that the same itinerary is run out of Civitavecchia and Barcelona, and the dates overlap with each other (it leaves out of Civitavecchia on 5/21, then out of Barcelona on 5/24--they're both 7 day cruises). How does this work when you take on more people at the port? Can you still have a normal port day? What is the process when you get back on the ship? How does this affect muster?

Any information I can get would be great! Thanks!

We've done this twice in Europe(on Costa and NCL) and also last year in the Caribbean on RCL. All of the cruises operated in the same way and it really was hardly noticeable when you were onboard. The port days work as normal, they have separate lines for those embarking and everyone else just comes and goes as normal.

They count day one from the port where the majority embark (for us that was Barcelona) so if you get on in the other port you will start on day 3 or 4, the welcome aboard show and farewell show will be in the middle of your cruise and the menus/formal nights will be in a different order. That is really the only difference I can think of, and didn't spoil our cruises at all. They have it all very well organised.

Julie

Have had this once on a cruise, embarking in Rome and Barcelona. Not on RCL but on NCL Epic. We boarded in Barcelona and the only thing we noticed in Rome where a few announcements regarding disembarkation. On our cruise most of the people boarded and disembarked in Barcelona. Getting off and on the ship was just as easy and normal as it would be in any other port you visit.

Patricia

Edited by patjeblauw

We have experienced this on several European cruises, in fact last year one cruises had 3 embarkation days. As others have said it makes little difference to those on board, except for the entertainment schedule. There is no day one/two etc. No Welcome Aboard how or Farewell Show, but there are shows without those names, for some the Captains gala night is at the beginning of the week and for others at the end.

The main difference is with meeting fellow guests, normally you might meet a new friend at a bat knowing they would be around all week, on these cruises they might be gone the next day.

Oh and others have a great sun tan when you are still very untanned, but you get your turn on others after a few days :D

We did this a couple of years ago on Brilliance on a southern Caribbean route. We embarked passengers (most of us) in San Juan and then embarked others in Guadeloupe. We were doing a shore excursion by the time people started disembarking in Guadeloupe so we didn't even notice that. There were passengers embarking when we returned from our excursion but they did not interfere with the other passengers. They were using different lines and a different point of entry onto the ship. If you weren't paying attention, you might not even have known that people were disembarking and embarking. We DID have a Welcome Aboard show for those of us that got on in San Juan but I don't remember one for those that got on in Guadeloupe.

Edited by cruiseguy1016