Calabaza Tour

Nana57

I just booked with Gina and calabaza. We are excited with all the great reviews.

Generally a cat is very smooth because they are so wide and very stable.

If you are prone to motion sickness then you might want to take something.

Have you seen the boat, it has lots of cover plus with only 12 people it should be plenty of room to find cover.

This is a snorkeling tour so getting wet is going to happen. I'm sure if it's real bad they won't sail, I don't think they would want to risk damaging there craft.

Our trip was like glass. Such a great day ... this is really the best excursion I've ever done and can't wait to do it again. Gina is amazing!

Rain ... I'd ask ... but I've never even thought about it. Does it rain in Barbados? ;):D;):D

Our trip was like glass. Such a great day ... this is really the best excursion I've ever done and can't wait to do it again. Gina is amazing!

Rain ... I'd ask ... but I've never even thought about it. Does it rain in Barbados? ;):D;):D

Totally agree with this statement. Even if it rained, I wouldn't care. I'd sit there and relax, eat and drink. Rain or shine, the best excursion ever.

Whats gina charge

As of when I booked it's $110 pp

The nice thing is only 12 people on board

food and drink provided,

transpertation to and from the ship is provided.

It's a 5 hour cruise with 2 snorkle stops1 with the turtles and

1 at a ship wreck or reef

then lunch is served at a off shore beach location.

she's seem's very up front and returned all e-mails within 24 hours

here is one she sent me.

Hi Ed

thanks for your email, at the moment we have space available for October 1, would love to have you on board

Our rates are BDS$220.00 (US$110.00) per person (children under 12 years are BDS$180.00 (US$90.00) for the five hour lunch cruise, we limit ourselves to 12 guests to provide a more intimate and personal setting.

Transport from and to the port is included, banana bread upon boarding, hors'doeuvres, buffet lunch, dessert and of course drinks. Lunch is typically, rice, pasta, couscous, garlic bread, green salad, mixed salad, bean salad, vegetable or coleslaw, fish and either chicken, pork, ham or beef. Please let me know of any food allergies when booking.

We do two snorkel stops, one at the turtles and one at a reef and/or wreck, another stop for lunch and a swim. Please note there are only a couple of spots where the turtles hang out, there is no guarantee you will see turtles, although the times we dont see them are rare. and of course other boats go to see the turtles as well, we do try to avoid the crowds whenever we can, but sometimes it is unavoidable. For the reef snorkel we tend to choose a spot where its easy snorkeling, its not the number one reef on the island, but then again you dont have to fight the current and struggle along. We do feed the fish and the turtles, without food neither fish nor turtles will make an appearance.

Our crew will be in the water with you at all the snorkel stops for guidance and assistance, and they are getting pretty good with the underwater camera, taking some really fantastic pictures, which we usually email to you after the cruise.

The location of our second stop for snorkeling at a reef and/or shipwreck depends a lot on sea and wind conditions, and most of the time we choose to snorkel on a reef that is nice, but not the number one reef in Barbados, however, it does make for a better and more relaxed snorkel experience, as there is no current and its closer to the beach .

Masks, snorkels and fins are provided and have snorkel vests if needed. We also have two bathrooms on board, boys and girls, just in case

There is plenty of shade and sunny spots on the boat for the fair skinned and for the tan lovers. Getting into the water is via a swim ladder at the back, any difficulties, our crew stands by to give you a helping hand.

We leave from Bridgetown, the Careenage at 9:30am. and return at 2:30 p.m., pick up time at the port is 9:00 am.