Oh happy day for anti_lounge chair hog

Beach1

I hope that happens on the IOS leaving Sunday! I really hate the chair reserving but even worse, I don't like it when people bring their children to the Solarium to swim! That happened on Spendour last year and no one said a word to the people.

So many people now-a-days are narcissist and really do believe the world revolves around them! However, I do have to share a story. In Santorini there was a super long line to take the cable car down to the ship. I was planning on walking down but had to walk by everyone in line in order to get to the path down. Naturally some folks thought I was trying to cut in line. One lady said "the line is back there". So I let her know that I was walking down. She was very rude in her response and said "Well good for you!". And no, it was not a nice "good for you" it was full of sarcasm. I really don't get why she felt the need to be so rude.

This old cruiser and my wife had the most enjoyable day on our first cruise day. We went up to get lounge chair at 8:55 AM.

11 chairs in a row had towels and assorted items on them and no people. I got our towels and made a statement " where in the hell are all these people " and pointed at the 11 lounges. The Pool Patrol was standing there and he said wait a minute. He got 2 more pool patrols and they got the 11 towels and items and put the items on a stand. Then they walked around and took towels and items from at least 40 or more. They had their arms full of towels and items. It was really enjoyable to see the people come back 10 am and later and wondered where their towels and items were. They would come to towel stand and were told that after 30 minutes towels were removed and showed them the area to look for their items .

I witnessed the same thing on Liberty a few weeks ago. It was very refreshing to see the deck workers removing towels from chairs that were clearly not in use after almost an hour.

All I know is that I was on the freedom I was in my chair for about an hour had all kinds if stuff w me and a coffee up I got hot got up got in the pool for like 20 min got out my chair was right at the pool edge stopped at my chair got flip flops put my hat on my chair and went to the ladies room when I came back I sat at my chair took off the flips put hat and sun lotion on ordered a drink got in the water again stayed by the edge at my chair area was waiting for my drink to come I was going to get out pay and sit and relax then right in front of me a lady stops puts her stuff on my chair I didn't say anything thinking she just needed a moment to get organized or something and right in front of me gathered all my stuff up and dumped it in a pile on the floor and took my chair!!!!! I got out and I was like what the hell do you think your doing??? She just looked at me and was like your not using it and sat down. My drink came at that moment I had to gather my stuff off the wet pool deck drink in hand it took all my strength not to just dump it on her!!! But really now I don't know if I would have that willpower loll

Hooray for you. Not being prejudice , well maybe a little, seems like people from New York or New Jersey have this idea they are special. I call it an attitude. !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hooray for you. Not being prejudice, well maybe a little , seems like people from New York or New Jersey have this idea they are special. I call it ATTITUDE

On the Brilliance last November, my DD (23), went to pool. She found a chair (w/ no towel) in front of the pool & laid down. There were 5 chairs around her w/towels, but no people. She was there for over 1 1/2 hours till the people showed up. They thought she had removed the towel on her chair & said "We got up early to put those towels on these chairs before we went to breakfast and our massages!" She just told them, sorry, but didn't get up. She asked me if they were allowed to do this. I told her they were chair hogs & no, they aren't allowed!!!:eek:

All I know is that I was on the freedom I was in my chair for about an hour had all kinds if stuff w me and a coffee up I got hot got up got in the pool for like 20 min got out my chair was right at the pool edge stopped at my chair got flip flops put my hat on my chair and went to the ladies room when I came back I sat at my chair took off the flips put hat and sun lotion on ordered a drink got in the water again stayed by the edge at my chair area was waiting for my drink to come I was going to get out pay and sit and relax then right in front of me a lady stops puts her stuff on my chair I didn't say anything thinking she just needed a moment to get organized or something and right in front of me gathered all my stuff up and dumped it in a pile on the floor and took my chair!!!!! I got out and I was like what the hell do you think your doing??? She just looked at me and was like your not using it and sat down. My drink came at that moment I had to gather my stuff off the wet pool deck drink in hand it took all my strength not to just dump it on her!!! But really now I don't know if I would have that willpower lol

Question?sat at my chair, put her stuff on my chair, seems like the usual reply of not being in your chair for 30 minutes. If I was sitting there may my chair they would have been in the pool, not by choice.Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question? sat by my chair//// put her stuff on my chair. Seem like the usual reply

I witnessed the same thing on Liberty a few weeks ago. It was very refreshing to see the deck workers removing towels from chairs that were clearly not in use after almost an hour.

Maybe if enough people complain these people that get up at 6 Am and spread towel on dozens of chairs will cease. The joy I felt was the best part of my cruise

Hooray for you. Not being prejudice, well maybe a little , seems like people from New York or New Jersey have this idea they are special. I call it ATTITUDE

If I understood you right?? I didn't have attitude ?? I thought I was very nice

Question? sat by my chair//// put her stuff on my chair. Seem like the usual reply

No!! As I said she looked like she needed a min to get organized I wasn't out of my chair more than 30 min not even close!! And when I was out if it I was maybe a foot a way! My point was that as there are people that think they have the right to hog chairs there are also people who think they can have what and where they want with disregard if anyone else. Would you like your camera put down on a wet deck???

.....at least we now have some "enforcement" and persons to assist with this annoying and rude behavior. BUT, several years ago all you could do was say something to the offender, without having anyone to back you up. NOT ME! I took matters into my own hands, literally. We got up at 8 am after having breakfast in our room and found two empty chairs between "reserved ones", which sat empty until almost noon. Well.....halfway through the morning, I reached over and grabbed the persons paperback book that was saving the chair and RIPPED THE LAST 3 PAGES OUT OF THE BOOK. Of course, I first verified that it did not come from the ships library. After a few more hours the person came, sat down with her Mai Tai and opened her book. When she noticed the pages missing she screamed "WHO DID THIS!". I quietly said...."it could have been any number of people who needed a lounge chair that you thought belonged to you". End of story. But, the joke was on her......she ended up sitting with us at the mystery dinner....;-/

.....at least we now have some "enforcement" and persons to assist with this annoying and rude behavior. BUT, several years ago all you could do was say something to the offender, without having anyone to back you up. NOT ME! I took matters into my own hands, literally. We got up at 8 am after having breakfast in our room and found two empty chairs between "reserved ones", which sat empty until almost noon. Well.....halfway through the morning, I reached over and grabbed the persons paperback book that was saving the chair and RIPPED THE LAST 3 PAGES OUT OF THE BOOK. Of course, I first verified that it did not come from the ships library. After a few more hours the person came, sat down with her Mai Tai and opened her book. When she noticed the pages missing she screamed "WHO DID THIS!". I quietly said...."it could have been any number of people who needed a lounge chair that you thought belonged to you". End of story. But, the joke was on her......she ended up sitting with us at the mystery dinner....;-/

Loved this

Wow and your proud? If you don't get the parking spot you want at the mall do you key someone's car? So 2 wrongs make a right? How could it ever be right to damage someone's property ?

Wow and your proud? If you don't get the parking spot you want at the mall do you key someone's car? So 2 wrongs make a right? How could it ever be right to damage someone's property ?

This is always these post goes, attack the person that goes against rude and unacceptable behavior , agree this may have been on strong side of getting even, but why condemn him , why not respond about the rude and unacceptable behavior of the people that put towels down and don't come back for several hours, not caring for others but there own selfish behavior.

.....and I bet you will think about this when you put your towel down at 8am, won't ya?!

Bitter party of two, your table is now ready.

No actually I won't cause I get up early and by 730 I'm relaxing in my choice chair with a coffee and a book with all the pages!

This is always these post goes, attack the person that goes against rude and unacceptable behavior , agree this may have been on strong side of getting even, but why condemn him , why not respond about the rude and unacceptable behavior of the people that put towels down and don't come back for several hours, not caring for others but there own selfish behavior.

I didn't condemn him just pointing out that his wrong wasn't right either. What if that was a borrowed book? He didn't even own up to it when the woman asked. Just seems like a nasty way to act.

We've actually witnessed individuals saving 2 chairs for themselves, one in the shade and one in the sun. One reason why we always book a balcony, we don't have to search for chairs!

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sad that you think it's OK to destroy someone else's property over a deck chair.:confused: I'm not sure how you could look her in the face at the mystery dinner.

You damaged someone's property because they hogged a lounge chair!!!!

And you are bragging about this behavior? Sorry but I think you are more at fault than the person who hogged the chair. That is just wrong.

I'm all about standing up for rights and I have also confronted staff and other passengers about hogging chairs, not washing hands before leaving the restrooms (you know the ones I'm talking about), people grabbing cookies with bare hands, etc. Political correctness is over the top now days but you crossed the line my friend when you tampered with another passengers property. Totally inappropriate and unacceptable. Chair hogs are inconsiderate and selfish, thinking only about themselves but you, by your actions, put yourself on their level.

Edited by DShock

I

You, like me hate the people that crawl out of their soft bed at 6 AM and line up towels and come back at some ungodly hour to claim . Hoorah for RCI for taking the balls to do this.

The photo below was taken on Freedom around 2007 I believe. Note the time on the clock, its AM.

chairhog.jpg

Speaking of them showing up, part of my cruise enjoyment was people watching and when I created the Legendary MEET THE ALLURE CHAIR HOGS thread, I watched people claim seats at 7am, but they kept one guard on the chairs at all times till the whole crew arrived at 11am. That thread was so good it was banned in Boston and cruise critic. Rumor is one CC moderator recognized themselves in one of the photos. But I've not confirmed that.

Edited by BillOh

I took matters into my own hands, literally.

I think chair hogs are jerks. However, I think destroying someone's property intentionally because you feel faulted is worse. That's really a scumbag move and not something to be proud of in the slightest.

Just curious, how do you know they were from New York or New Jersey? Oh in the interest of full disclosure I am from Maryland however one whole side of my family lives in New York. They are quite vocal ( okay loud, LOL!) but do not think they are better than any one else ( They are special though)

.....and I bet you will think about this when you put your towel down at 8am, won't ya?!

Bitter party of two, your table is now ready.

Yes, they broke the rules but you broke the law. They were rude and inconsiderate but you were vindictive. Wouldn't want to go there personally.