Aqua vs Concierge vs Veranda

guitarcrazy

Yes, AQ is only two people in a cabin however children are welcome in AQ and Blu. You could have a situation where a nearby cabin has a child in it which is somewhat rare or you could have kids from a suite eating in Blu, not so rare.

Additionally, there are some single mom's and dad's who travel with their child...and the occasional family where the adults stay in one aqua room and the kids stay in an adjacent aqua room (yes, this is permitted if they are in an adjoining room).

We just booked a cruise to Alaska on the Solstice for July. We ended up with AQ because of blu. It wasn't until after we booked that we realized AQ is better than CC because AQ was only $400 more total than the cheapest OV(obstructed view), but AQ was $200 less than a CC.

I hate it when that happens!! You guys please keep booking AQ!! I am not happy when my CC cabins are priced higher than AQ.

Pricing is weird these days. Just booked two cruises. We are cc élite so we get an upgrade. We could book a c2 ( $1149) for the c3 price ($1099). No reason to book a c2 because they won't upgrade to c1. Then noticed that a2 was $1149 so we booked an a1 cabin for the price of a c2. Net was that we paid $50 pp to upgrade from c2 to a1. No complaints here :)

Pricing is weird these days. Just booked two cruises. We are cc élite so we get an upgrade. We could book a c2 ( $1149) for the c3 price ($1099). No reason to book a c2 because they won't upgrade to c1. Then noticed that a2 was $1149 so we booked an a1 cabin for the price of a c2. Net was that we paid $50 pp to upgrade from c2 to a1. No complaints here :)

See! That's what I am talking about:D Don't like that at all lol. How can I get a deal on a CC cabin when they keep dropping the price on AQ?

The cabins themselves are all the same size and basic layout. We have sailed all three categories and honestly do not think we would necessarily book CC or AQ unless the price was amazing. We enjoyed Blu especially breakfast, but we also enjoy Select Dining in the MDR. I enjoyed Persian Gardens on a sea day, but wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. I did not particularly enjoy the afternoon canapés or the iced tea, but certainly did like the bottled water with AQ.

The cabins themselves are all the same size and basic layout. We have sailed all three categories and honestly do not think we would necessarily book CC or AQ unless the price was amazing. We enjoyed Blu especially breakfast, but we also enjoy Select Dining in the MDR. I enjoyed Persian Gardens on a sea day, but wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. I did not particularly enjoy the afternoon canapés or the iced tea, but certainly did like the bottled water with AQ.

Depends on the ship. AQ, CC and reg cabins are the same on S Class but AQ and CC are larger on M Class.

We stayed in a Concierge Class balcony room on the 6 floor of Summit by the large suites. Doing so gave us a large balcony which we used quite often. Usually took our afternoon appetizers/cheezes/veggies out and enjoyed sailing from the ports. We had open dining so we moved around the large restaurant and enjoyed various wait staff and cruise goers. My wife and I read the Blu menu most every day and didn't care for the selections. One couple me met said they ate at Blu but had the waiter get them some potatoes and other staple foods to supplement the Blu food.

The sparkling wine did cap off a wonderful cruise week.

Yes, AQ is only two people in a cabin however children are welcome in AQ and Blu. You could have a situation where a nearby cabin has a child in it which is somewhat rare or you could have kids from a suite eating in Blu, not so rare.

There was a family with 2 children, probably 8-10 on our recent cruise in AQ, but these were probably THE most well-behaved kids I've ever seen.

It was a big group of adults that seemed to follow us from Blu to Ocean Liners' and so on that was the REAL problem. Several of them in particular - so obnoxious! And another lady that would pass out face-down on the ice bar every night. :eek:

Of course YMMV.

Edited by gordiej