Coffee

JudiK

Speaking as one who uses a french press on premium beans at home, I find the Neptune Lounge coffee to be pretty good. I understand the gripes about the MDR and Lido coffee perfectly. If you can afford a suite, your coffee problems will be over!

Coffee....Starbucks ....Expresso...Tim Hortons... or the Great Canadian Coffee from Superstore....it is all in the taste buds of the one who enjoys....sitting on the deck with the wind in your hair and the sea spray in your nostrils...daydream in the sun and the coffee could be from the hills of Hawaii...sailing

Great-Canadian-Coffee-.jpg.7e95fad7b94114b88840bb5f86b52453.jpg

Very pleased to read this drgrinch.

Look forward to experiencing this in 2 weeks time

How early in the day can I fetch a coffee from the lounge?

Sorry, I can't remember the exact time - I believe it's either 6 or 7 AM.

Very pleased to read this drgrinch.

Look forward to experiencing this in 2 weeks time

How early in the day can I fetch a coffee from the lounge?

Sorry, I can't remember the exact time - I believe it's either 6 or 7 AM.

The Neptune Lounge is open from 7 AM until 8 - 8:30 PM. Depends on the ship.

Dh loves the coffee machine here -- besides regular and decaf you can get espresso and lattes and cappacino.

Totally agree that Neptune Lounge coffee is good. What I do, Toad, is take a large insulated travel mug and fill it up in there.

If I'm not in a NL suite, I take a small jar of powdered espresso and add it to Lido coffee.

The coffee is weak. Take some Via to boost it up. I do that and just shake a little in my cup until the taste is right. I also do same thing with room service coffee.

If they only served Tim Horton's coffee eh :) IMO, the best HAL coffee is the stuff they deliver in the carafe during morning room service. At least it's better now than years ago - I couldn't drink the brew back when and finally learned to drink tea (Earl Grey).

Edited by Sue from Canada

OK,one more question.I am crunching the numbers to see if the signature beverage card will work out for me.

What is tipping it over to the buy side is the ability to use the card to buy specialty coffee( well as diet cokes for my husband)

I believe you do have to pay for cappuccino's etc in the MDR but wondering if they have decaf

Can't drink regular coffee after 2pm or so as it interferes with my sleep

Would like to be able to buy one to have with my dessert

Not as strong as Aus.

I think that is why most of the Starbucks closed over here. The coffee was so weak very few people bought from them.

Wow, if Australian coffee is stronger than Starbucks, I really need to make the effort to fly there. I love strong coffee.

I love the fact the cruise line charges for after dinner in the Master Dining Room. They charge for Latte, Cappuccino and Espresso. I saw very, very few persons purchasing those coffees and actually very few persons ordering after dinner coffee at all. Maybe it is the flavor and taste, or the fact they charge for an after dinner coffee. Spend a couple of Thousand Dollars for a cruise and then pay for coffee with a meal. Ridiculous!!!

Edited by Billthekid

I love the fact the cruise line charges for after dinner in the Master Dining Room. They charge for Latte, Cappuccino and Espresso. I saw very, very few persons purchasing those coffees and actually very few persons ordering after dinner coffee at all. Maybe it is the flavor and taste, or the fact they charge for an after dinner coffee. Spend a couple of Thousand Dollars for a cruise and then pay for coffee with a meal. Ridiculous!!!

LOL I thought this was odd too, coffee is so cheap to make. You can have all you can eat food but some coffee and milk is too much. As a first time cruiser just one of the things I find odd. I expected once we handed over the 5 figure $$$ that everything would be included. Does any one know if any cruise line has ALL inclusive???:):)

Edited by DeeBee76
correction

Or maybe the people that are not true coffee snobs

love the perfectionists on these board -- you have to be able to stand on the coffee for it to be good and the dinner is never served fast enough and the wine must cost 50 bucks a bottle to be drinkable

so glad I have low standards -- makes my cruise that much more enjoyable - bring coffee to my door every morning and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it.

:eek::D just sayin

I agree. If you read this board and had never been on a cruise, you'd think they were feeding us swill and thunderbird wine1 It's all good for me and all of my friends. We are all upper middle class folks in our 60's.

Perhaps they don't order coffee because it's so late in the day? I don't drink coffee after 6.00 pm. It really does affect how well I sleep.

My colleagues call my coffee "tar" because it's so strong ..... guess that's why I have sleep problems:D

I agree. If you read this board and had never been on a cruise, you'd think they were feeding us swill and thunderbird wine1 It's all good for me and all of my friends. We are all upper middle class folks in our 60's.

i haven't heard of that in a long time. "WHATS THE WORD? THUNDERBIRD. WHATS THE PRICE? A DOLLER TWICE."