Freestyle Cruise Rewards

swansnz

I purchased one of these $250 cruise rewards on my last NCL cruise, but I will not be able to go on another before it expires in April next year.

I have read that these are transferable, but can’t see how that is done, as it is linked to my Latitudes number. Can anyone please explain the process.

I understand I am not able to get a refund, but someone has suggested selling it on eBay (assuming it is indeed transferrable). Is eBay the best place to try and sell this or is there a forum here that users can sell items? (I can’t see one, so guess not).

Thanks

A quick look on ebay shows others are trying to sell theirs but no bids yet. Are you sure it is transferable because i'm sailing later this year and might be able to use it. email me at my screen name at hotmail . com

From NCL's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms and Conditions (my bold):

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

For full terms and conditions, see link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CruiseRewardsTC

A quick look on ebay shows others are trying to sell theirs but no bids yet. Are you sure it is transferable because i'm sailing later this year and might be able to use it. email me at my screen name at hotmail . com

As per the post above this, yes it is transferable, but I think it has to be used as a deposit, so if you have already booked, then it might not be of use to you.

If you are still interested, let me know. I would like to sell for $150, so I get my money back.

From NCL's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms and Conditions (my bold):

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

For full terms and conditions, see link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CruiseRewardsTC

Thanks for that. So it is transferable, but how? Has anyone done this before? Do you simply need to phone/email NCL and give them the latitudes number of the recipient? If so, are you only able to transfer to a latitudes member?

Thanks

Thanks for that. So it is transferable, but how? Has anyone done this before? Do you simply need to phone/email NCL and give them the latitudes number of the recipient? If so, are you only able to transfer to a latitudes member?

Thanks

You can transfer to anyone. If the person does not have a Latitude number, they will assign one and then transfer the FCR. I have actually done this. You must call (800-327-7030) with their Latitude number or Name, DOB, address if not a Latitude member or email to have the FCR transferred to whoever you sell it to. It still must be used by the original expiration date.

Edited by peg013

Does no one ever worry about being scamed when buying/ selling one of these future credits? Like paying for it and not getting the cert / giving the cert and not getting paid for it? I really hope this never happens that people are honest and trustworthy. But I guess I've gotten a little worried after paying for something and not receiving the goods one too many times

As per the post above this, yes it is transferable, but I think it has to be used as a deposit, so if you have already booked, then it might not be of use to you.

If you are still interested, let me know. I would like to sell for $150, so I get my money back.

I'm already booked so I guess I can't use it. I am before final payment but apparently that doesn't matter.

Does no one ever worry about being scamed when buying/ selling one of these future credits? Like paying for it and not getting the cert / giving the cert and not getting paid for it? I really hope this never happens that people are honest and trustworthy. But I guess I've gotten a little worried after paying for something and not receiving the goods one too many times

If you use ebay then ebay guarantees it so no risk. If you go off on your own well You're on your own.

I'm already booked so I guess I can't use it. I am before final payment but apparently that doesn't matter.

You still can as long as the reward was purchased before you booked. You final payment will be reduced by $250. I have done this twice for two friends. Some ncl rep will tell you you can't but they are wrong. Don't let them tell you you have to cancel either. Not all reps are created equal, so just call and get another one or ask your agent if you are using one.

You still can as long as the reward was purchased before you booked. You final payment will be reduced by $250. I have done this twice for two friends. Some ncl rep will tell you you can't but they are wrong. Don't let them tell you you have to cancel either. Not all reps are created equal, so just call and get another one or ask your agent if you are using one.

I don't believe the reps were wrong; they just weren't very accommodating. The terms and conditions state: "A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation...." That said, others on CC have indicated that they have been able to apply the FCR to an already booked reservation. I believe if the caller is insistent and/or speaks to enough different reps, they can get the FCR applied. But I don't believe they're entitled to that benefit.

Hello

I have bought them thru ebay a couple of time. Each time, the seller just called NCL with the my name and latitudes # and it took 5 minutes. Then the other person called me or emailed me to confirm it was done. very easy.

Terry

I bought two from the same person on this board and all was well. I knew it was a gamble but two for $200 was worth the gamble to me. It worked out very well in my case. We both got we asked for and ended up happy. :)

Edited by peg013

You can transfer to anyone. If the person does not have a Latitude number, they will assign one and then transfer the FCR. I have actually done this. You must call (800-327-7030) with their Latitude number or Name, DOB, address if not a Latitude member or email to have the FCR transferred to whoever you sell it to. It still must be used by the original expiration date.

Thanks for the info