Rainforest Room-Dream

vicki2011

The day passes will allow me to use the sauna, showers, hot tub?

Correct--steam rooms, specialized showers, and on the new ships, the hot tubs. This is all contained within the rainforest room. The dry sauna is in the women's locker room (I'm guessing there is one in the men's room as well) and is at no charge to all.

The specialized scented scrubs are for use in the showers and are an "add on." I've only tried the little sample they give you when they try to sell this to you.

You can come and go as many times as you wish during the one day.

Day passes can be purchased under the gift section on the DCL website.

Sent from my iPad.

Same total price when purchased on board. On line, they are $15 + $ 1 "service fee." On board they are $16. DO NOT believe the song and dance they will give you on day 1 about only selling so many passes and they fill up. This is a sales pitch to get you to buy a multi-day pass (we can't sell single days if we fill up with length of cruise passes, etc.) THey have never declined to take my money for a single day pass on any of the ships, and I'm coming up on number 30 soon. It is theoretically possible that they'll "fill up," but I've certainly never seen it.

I've rarely even seen the room what I'd consider "crowded." There have been times I couldn't get a lounge chair right away, but they usually became available within a few minutes. The one time that they didn't, it was because two people were taking naps in them!

Edited by moki'smommy

my DH and I booked a "couples" deal for our 4-day cruise on the Dream at $99/couple plus gratuities for unlimited use for the entire cruise. We really took advantage of it and loved it!

Yes, the couples pass is a great deal. A "single" length of cruise pass is only a good deal if you use it EVERY day. Miss one day and you'd be better off with single day passes. On longer cruises, they also offer 3/4/5 day passes in addition to the length of cruise--again while the savings with these is less than with a length of cruise, it still gives a savings and lets you choose the days.

Best deal though (short of winning a pass) is the couple's pass.

This is one of the reasons I love cruise critic. You get so much useful information. Someone asks a question and BAM, back comes ten answers; I love it. This is very good info about the spas services. Thanks everyone

Same total price when purchased on board. On line' date=' they are $15 + $ 1 "service fee." On board they are $16. DO NOT believe the song and dance they will give you on day 1 about only selling so many passes and they fill up. This is a sales pitch to get you to buy a multi-day pass (we can't sell single days if we fill up with length of cruise passes, etc.) THey have never declined to take my money for a single day pass on any of the ships, and I'm coming up on number 30 soon. It is theoretically possible that they'll "fill up," but I've certainly never seen it.

I've rarely even seen the room what I'd consider "crowded." There have been times I couldn't get a lounge chair right away, but they usually became available within a few minutes. The one time that they didn't, it was because two people were taking naps in them![/quote']

Great as a birthday or anniversary gift and is $1 so much?

Sent from my iPad.

If you buy a single day pass pre cruise from the DCL website does it have to be used on that cruise. We are doing a B2B cruise and i wondering if I buy a pass for first cruise if I can use it on the second (or future cruises) if for some reason i don't have time to use it.

Hope that was not confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you buy a single day pass pre cruise from the DCL website does it have to be used on that cruise. We are doing a B2B cruise and i wondering if I buy a pass for first cruise if I can use it on the second (or future cruises) if for some reason i don't have time to use it.

Hope that was not confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense....we were told it had to be used on the cruise it was purchased for.