What time will we arrive in London post cruise from Harwich?

lawgirl

The ship might arrive then, but disembarkation won't start until at least 6.30pm. If you are taking a RCI transfer, I would imagine the earliest one of those would leave is 8am...possibly later. They normal fill up the coach as people get off, then it goes, so obviously people who are later getting off will be on a 'later' coach.

Its a good 1 1/2 trip to central London (where are you being dropped? ...its a big place!), but if you are travelling on a Monday morning (or in fact most weekday mornings) you can add an hour to that, as the A12 is a major commuter route. Weekends are not so bad. So in answer to your question, probably sometime between 10 and 12.

Simon

As stated, it depends on if you all are being transferred.... to various hotels, a train station, airport etc. I would tell myself, "I will be at my destination at noon". If earlier, great.

Depends on what coach bus you end up on. And if people don't take their time getting to the bus from the ship.:rolleyes: One reason we avoid ship transfers any time we can. The delays and time just sitting on the bus waiting....:eek:

Thanks! We actually get in on a Sunday. And we are getting a transfer to downtown Victoria Station. Then cab to hotel on Knightsbridge. We would like to drop luggage and take tube a few stops to a walking tour at 1:00 which is why I was asking.

We normally don't take transfers, but with luggage for a 3 week trip, the tube was out...too much hassle. And taking a car service, etc seemed too expensive, so, transfer it is.

On a Sunday you should have no traffic problems, so if you can arrange yourselves to be one of the first set of RCI transferees off the ship, you should have no problem. They might take you to Victoria Coach station, which is about 400 yds down the road from the train station, but there will be plenty of black cabs at both. Its only 10 minutes by cab to Knightsbridge from either.

Simon

Thanks! We actually get in on a Sunday. And we are getting a transfer to downtown Victoria Station. Then cab to hotel on Knightsbridge. We would like to drop luggage and take tube a few stops to a walking tour at 1:00 which is why I was asking.

We normally don't take transfers, but with luggage for a 3 week trip, the tube was out...too much hassle. And taking a car service, etc seemed too expensive, so, transfer it is.

Considering your parameters, I do wonder why not take the train? Even with the more expensive cruise train, should be less than the transfer.

From your signature, I'm guessing you are arriving back from the Baltic on 13th july. Just checked for that date and there are no planned engineering works for your route, so Twickers suggestion of the train is totally plausible. Currently the price is £31.20 each single and there are direct trains at 0720 and 0854. after that its evry hour at 58 mins past (including 0858), but these later trains require a change at Manningtree...not a problem, you get off and walk across the platform ...30 feet max!

This will take you to Liverpool Street station, where it will be just as easy to get a cab to Knightsbridge, but will take about 20 mins. For details ,look at http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/HPQ/LST/130714/0800/dep#outwardJump

Simon

Thank you all for the invaluable info. DH wants to do the transfer and we have already paid for it. We will each have two max sized bags plus carryons. Alot to manage even for a short time on the train. Thank you again!!!

Thank you all for the invaluable info. DH wants to do the transfer and we have already paid for it. We will each have two max sized bags plus carryons. Alot to manage even for a short time on the train. Thank you again!!!

Yep...that would make me avoid the trains.