Ruby Aft Hot tubs

scrapycruiser

We have an aft cabin on our upcoming Ruby cruise. Are there hot tubs on the aft of the Ruby ? It's a British Isle cruise . Has anyone taken their swimsuit on a Northern Europe cruise ? :confused:

There are hot tubs on the level above the Lido in the Aft overlooking the Terrace Pool.

Yes, bring your swim suit. There is a hot tub aft on Deck 17 by the Chill out pool. There are also hot tubs on Deck 16 forward protected from the wind at the Lotus pool with steam and sauna right there also. Additionally there are hot tubs at the two pools on the Lido Deck.

Some hot tubs are hot, some are not so hot.

We meet more people in the hot tubs than anywhere else on the ship. The aft tubs on the Ruby are close to the Teen Center, but not part of it. In fact the aft tubs supposed to be adults only, although this is not enforced.

sknight is correct however - temperature always seems to be an issue, with many tubs way too cold to enjoy. Hopefully we'll get lucky on our cruise and they'll be at least 98 degrees.

Scrapycruiser - as you probably know from our Role Call, we're on the same cruise. So perhaps we'll see eachother back there !

On the Ruby last week. The hot tub above the aft pool was hot hot hot and the view was spectacular from that high up. The tubs by the main pool always looked like people soup. Never went into those cauldrons.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina

sknight is correct however - temperature always seems to be an issue, with many tubs way too cold to enjoy. Hopefully we'll get lucky on our cruise and they'll be at least 98 degrees.

I agree! The only hot, hot tub I've experienced on 14 Princess cruises was on the Sun Princess back in 2000. All the others have been tepid tubs - 1 or 2 degrees warmer than the swimming pools (if that).

I know it costs money to heat the water, but I'd gladly pay a little more for my cruise to be able to enjoy a hot tub soak at the proper temperature.

I agree! The only hot, hot tub I've experienced on 14 Princess cruises was on the Sun Princess back in 2000. All the others have been tepid tubs - 1 or 2 degrees warmer than the swimming pools (if that).

I know it costs money to heat the water, but I'd gladly pay a little more for my cruise to be able to enjoy a hot tub soak at the proper temperature.

I'm afraid those days are over. It's not the cost of heating the water but the liability of having the tubs at the proper temperature of 104 degrees which can be dangerous to people with certain health conditions.

Also I don't think we've been on a cruise that I didn't see kids playing in the hot tubs as well.

Mike:)

I'm afraid those days are over. It's not the cost of heating the water but the liability of having the tubs at the proper temperature of 104 degrees which can be dangerous to people with certain health conditions.

That makes sense.

The poor deck attendants must hear requests - "Can you ask them to turn up the temperature?" - 20 times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their standard reply is - "Engineering problem."

That makes sense.

The poor deck attendants must hear requests - "Can you ask them to turn up the temperature?" - 20 times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their standard reply is - "Engineering problem."

I'm sure they do.

We have had one at home for quite a few years and I can't resist dipping my hand when we pass an unoccupied one and I have never found a "hot" tub.:(

Mike:)

On our Christmas cruise there was a sign on the aft hot tub that said it was reserved for the teen club. It was the only cruise we had ever seen that sign. Must have been because there were a whole lot of kids on the cruise.

We had found the starboard hot tub in the spa area to be a nice warm temperature, but the jets didn't work. Oh well, can't have everything