Norwegian Getaway Studio Cabin

Tminish

Hi! I am booked on Norwegian Getaway October 25th sailing and will be in a studio cabin!

I just would like to hear some of the good and the bad (if their is any) of the Studio life....Cabin, lounge, meetings, etc.

Also any pictures that you could post here. I know there's not much to it but seeing pictures just make me even more excited. Lol!

Happy Hump Day!

Thanks!:D

Yes I am on the roll call. There are 4 of us sailing. I just read a reviews with photos and I am really psyched now!

Yay!!! Me too! It can't get here quick enough! That's for sure! Are you flying in a day early? If so where are you staying?

Yay!!! Me too! It can't get here quick enough! That's for sure! Are you flying in a day early? If so where are you staying?

We don't have flights booked yet, but will likely fly into FLL and stay there. Drive to the port the morning of.

Are you thinking of changing your cabin or just inquiring about it?

We don't have flights booked yet, but will likely fly into FLL and stay there. Drive to the port the morning of.

Are you thinking of changing your cabin or just inquiring about it?

I will be keeping my studio cabin. I was just wanting to know what others who have booked and stayed in Studio cabins thought about them and what were some of the good and bad about them. I'm sailing solo so no inside, oceanview, or balcony for me this year. Sad I know. Lol. I will miss sleeping with my balcony door open this year. But hey, that's what happens when you sail solo. Lol!

I am so excited I wish summer time would fly by. Lol! About August I'll get my suitcase out and start filling up by the days and weeks. Haha!

Just got off the Getaway in April and both of my young Adult Sons were in Studio cabins. Absolutely no complaints. The Cabins are well thought out and just right for one person. Both of them loved it. The Studio area is private and the Lounge area is great. They always had cookies and pastries throughout the day and coffee and juice as well. Always people to meet and talk with if you wanted to. My wife and I were on the same deck (10) and got to see the area frequently. Only studio guests are allowed in the area but our Son's gave us a couple of "tours"! I think you will have a great time and the ship is outstanding.

I am such a novice at this cruising thing. I had no idea until very recently that ships had studio cabins or even "spa" cabins.

We have a balcony booked on the Getaway. Deck 13. I would love to try an aft sometime.

Just got off the Getaway in April and both of my young Adult Sons were in Studio cabins. Absolutely no complaints. The Cabins are well thought out and just right for one person. Both of them loved it. The Studio area is private and the Lounge area is great. They always had cookies and pastries throughout the day and coffee and juice as well. Always people to meet and talk with if you wanted to. My wife and I were on the same deck (10) and got to see the area frequently. Only studio guests are allowed in the area but our Son's gave us a couple of "tours"! I think you will have a great time and the ship is outstanding.

Thanks so much for your reply! Out of all of the threads on Cruise Critic I have yet to see someone discuss the Studio area! I like to hear what other think of it. Just talking about it makes me happy, happy, happy! Again, thanks for your reply!

I am such a novice at this cruising thing. I had no idea until very recently that ships had studio cabins or even "spa" cabins.

We have a balcony booked on the Getaway. Deck 13. I would love to try an aft sometime.

Not all ships have studios with Norwegian. Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, and just recently POA if I'm not mistaken. I think it's a great idea though. It gives individuals like myself to go on vacation even if we can't find someone else to go with.

My studio is on deck 11 so I'm 2 floors below you! =) AFT would be an amazing view, I'm sure!

Its my birthday that day! I will actually be on the Breakaway that time in a studio as well.

I did a studio on the Epic and upgraded on the Breakaway last year to a Balcony, but do not find it to be a make or break deal.

I would say the biggest advantage of the balcony was having more space to unpack- if I spent time outside it was elsewhere on the ship and not on the balcony.

Have you all seen this, from the Breakaway? Not the GA, but ... should be similar.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M33E6CgtWG84JhfhBpZr2f8hAmV-UTGJ2m5lNkiq_Jg/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd4068dcf_00

from; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Not sure of any differences between the BA and GA Studios yet, outside of decor.

Please share if you find any.

HTH and TIA

Edited by bear3412

Its my birthday that day! I will actually be on the Breakaway that time in a studio as well.

I did a studio on the Epic and upgraded on the Breakaway last year to a Balcony, but do not find it to be a make or break deal.

I would say the biggest advantage of the balcony was having more space to unpack- if I spent time outside it was elsewhere on the ship and not on the balcony.

Do you recall how much your upgrade to a balcony was?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you all seen this, from the Breakaway? Not the GA, but ... should be similar.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M33E6CgtWG84JhfhBpZr2f8hAmV-UTGJ2m5lNkiq_Jg/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd4068dcf_00

from; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Not sure of any differences between the BA and GA Studios yet, outside of decor.

Please share if you find any.

HTH and TIA

Are you cruising solo as well?

t

Do you recall how much your upgrade to a balcony was?

Yes, my original price of the Studio was $999, and the week before Balcony's were $1,099- it was $105 (with the additional $5) being the change in the insurance price.

You will still be able to attend the solo gatherings if you upgrade but your keycard will not get you 24/7 lounge access.

My studio in the fall is $545- I am only planning on upgrading if it is around $100-150 more. I don't spend that much time in the room.

t

Yes, my original price of the Studio was $999, and the week before Balcony's were $1,099- it was $105 (with the additional $5) being the change in the insurance price.

You will still be able to attend the solo gatherings if you upgrade but your keycard will not get you 24/7 lounge access.

My studio in the fall is $545- I am only planning on upgrading if it is around $100-150 more. I don't spend that much time in the room.

Did the upgrade fairy contact you to do the upgrade? (NCL lol) I started out paying about $1100 for studio. Since booking I've had one price drop. I'm now at $979. I don't believe I'll get any lower than that. Lol. I am ok with the studio. It gives me the chance to experience it since I've done ocean view and balcony already. I can just add it to my list of cabins. BUT that doesn't mean I won't upgrade if I am given the opportunity and the price is right. There's hands down nothing better than having a balcony in your cabin.

I thought once your cruise is paid for no changes can be made to your booking. Am I wrong?

[QUOT E=RCmommy;42621993]I think studio cabins are excellent ideas. I am a little surprised it might cost $999. Wowza. But I realize it is still taking up valuable space.

Oh yes, they are not cheap for a solo traveler. But that's the price we pay for traveling solo. Lol

Hi! I am booked on Norwegian Getaway October 25th sailing and will be in a studio cabin!

I just would like to hear some of the good and the bad (if their is any) of the Studio life....Cabin, lounge, meetings, etc.

Also any pictures that you could post here. I know there's not much to it but seeing pictures just make me even more excited. Lol!

Happy Hump Day!

Thanks!:D

Here are some of my pictures from Getaway's maiden voyage... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969191&page=6#115

The Getaway and Breakaway lounges are identical except Getaway has a nicer red upholstery.

The studio experience is great. You get meet other solo travelers for meals and activities, and there is a host to help break the ice and organize group dinner and activities. There is an addictive express/latte/cappuccino machine as well as ice water and juice in the lounge.

Bon voyage.

Edited by kylenyc

Just back from Getaway. Upgraded studio to balcony but attended solo gatherings. Lounge half the size of the Epic but everyone satisfied. Good cruise director, Omar! For solos. Hers a few picks of Vibe!ImageUploadedByForums1398916155.209633.jpg.126cbe5f7a1a889a8416531c538a4398.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1398916131.029081.jpg.708e74e916716410a05560cc61d760c3.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1398916144.105988.jpg.b91ed2480ab0b2d2137bf0945d1f834c.jpg

Just back from Getaway. Upgraded studio to balcony but attended solo gatherings. Lounge half the size of the Epic but everyone satisfied. Good cruise director, Omar! For solos. Hers a few picks of Vibe![ATTACH]311223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311224[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311225[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How much did you pay to upgrade if you don't mind me asking? And did someone from NCL call and offer it to you, or did you just keep an eye on it before the cruise?

Are you cruising solo as well? .......

I only wish. lol.

I have a spouse and two young kids. I wish cruise life was as simple as a cat T. Instead I need three baths, three hair dryer outlets, two balconies, two safes, six walk in closets, lol.

I'll need 4 cat T's connecting on NCL. lol. :p

Of course two cat T's on DCL would work. :p lol.

Have only done the studio on Epic. Really enjoyed the space that was available in the studios. Took me awhile to get used to the mood lighting but no big thing

The studio lounge was a nice private space, with a bartender for a couple of hours a day and one of the CD staff would organize dinners and other activities

it was fun watching non solos trying to get into the lounge cause they feel they are missing something

I recall when Epic first started the prices were just as high as Breakaway and Getaway. After a few years once the novelty has worn off prices will come down.

I am looking at doing Breakaway to Bermuda Sept 2015 when prices will be a little lower