Ista Roatan with 3 18 year old boys

Jgarriso

You can book A Victor Bodden or Rony tour and see the island and snorkeling in West Bay and zip lining. Lots of people here like Little French Key for a quieter beach than the West Bay. But the full freight (food and drinks included) is expensive. But Carnival has beach/snorkeling excursions to Tabayana Beach (West Bay) and Maya Key.

If you're looking for a lower cost day, then you can stay right at Mahogany Bay. There's a beach, restaurants, ala carte kayaks and other things. Clip N Zip zip line is directly across from the shopping area. The beach gets poopooed here as it's not up to the more natural beaches on the island, but if all you're looking for is sand between the toes without having to pay through the nose to get there, it's perfectly fine.

I would think the ATV tours with plenty of speed and mud would be the cats pajamas, add a zipline and the adventure box can be checked... any time left over hang about at the beach snorkeling or bikini clad gal watching.

I'd definitely do the zipline. We like South Shore Canopy. West End snorkeling is really great. I'd book a private "freestyle" tour with Rony. He's so great and very friendly. If you book the private tour, you can adjust your day as you like. You can stop at interesting sights along the way if you choose. You will have a great time with him!

What about a dune buggy tour ? Check this out …….

http://roatanjmjtours.com

They take you up into the mountains, into a mud pit, down by the beach, to a beachside resort for a break, into the jungle and back…… we had a blast. There are also tons of reviews on Tripadvisor you can check out too.

West Bay Beach is THE beach on Roatan and it is usually a busy place with beach stuff, restaurants and lots of people (including girls ;) )

There are also zip lines if they havent tried that yet either…….

but I think they would really like the dune buggy tour !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise & was our first time in Roatan. We used Victor Bodden tours and did the Zip N Dip. I think 18 yr old boys would enjoy the zip lines plus they take you to West Bay Beach to spend time as well. I felt like it was well worth the money and everything from meeting them at their booth at the cruise port and being returned to the ship on time went very smooth!

Victor bodden Tours, We have decided to do zip line in belize along with cave tubing. So that took care of the zip line, so our second choice was to take a private boat out for snorkling, then head to west bay. that brings up 2 questions. Has anyone does the private snorkle out to the blue channel and did you enjoy it, worth the time and money. Second question, what part of west bay beach do you recommend?:cool:

Havent done the tour you mentioned…… but have been to Roatan once on a cruise stop and back twice for a week each time to dive.

There really isn't any reason to take a boat tour to snorkel. The reef (the Meso-American reef - 2nd only to the great barrier reef) is literally steps off the beach at West Bay beach. Depending on your snorkel experience level you can see everything by entering from the beach as well as if you took a boat tour.

The best snorkel area as well as the best area for swimming where there is less boat traffic is down at the end near Infinity Bay/Tabayana/Grand Roatan. Bananarama is just up from that and then lots more…….

ps: cave tubing in Belize was a blast !!!!

The best snorkel area as well as the best area for swimming where there is less boat traffic is down at the end near Infinity Bay/Tabayana/Grand Roatan. Bananarama is just up from that and then lots more…….

This was so helpful! We are going to zip line when we get off the ship...will there still be beach chairs and umbrellas/palapas available by the time we get there? Also...is there a place to have lunch?

This was so helpful! We are going to zip line when we get off the ship...will there still be beach chairs and umbrellas/palapas available by the time we get there? Also...is there a place to have lunch?

A lot depends on how many ships are in port and the number of cruisers headed to West Bay beach. Most places have a lot of chairs etc but believe it or not they run out of room on the beach :eek: If one place says they don't have any more move on down a bit…… and yes there are tons of places to eat. La Palapa at Infinity Bay is the best food (the lobster nachos are to die for) and even though it is a closed resort (there are guards at the little white picket fence) they will let you on the property if you plan to eat. Bananarama has a mean taco salad :) and you will find more places as you walk down the beach.

You will find the map (scroll down) of restaurants on this website helpful

http://www.westbaylodge.com/info/index.html

also check out photo #8 in this link…… from the pier to the left the reef is very shallow and no boats go in to shore here.

http://www.infinitybay.com/modules/photo_gallery/category/Resort

Hope this helps

Has anyone been to the iguana farm, is it fun and worth an hour out of your limited time here? Looking for an hour long adventure to fill some time

Also, were on west bay do you tell your driver to take you, is there a specific spot I should mention for great snorkling,

Has anyone been to the iguana farm, is it fun and worth an hour out of your limited time here? Looking for an hour long adventure to fill some time

Also, were on west bay do you tell your driver to take you, is there a specific spot I should mention for great snorkling,

Cant help with the iguana farm…...

Unless you have a day pass from one of the resorts (which allows you on the property) the drop off location is right next to Bananarama. There is a parking lot a short way back where they can park and wait for you…… taxis park there too. The "great" snorkeling is just a short walk to the left as you face the water.

Note: all beaches in Honduras (and Roatan) are public. There are NO private beaches (up to the high tide mark) but after that most property is private. You must use a public access to get down to the beach.

Most males of the species want action. Something that will get the adrinalin flowing. ATV, Ziplining or Parasailing should work. Follow that with a snorkel at Tabyanna Beach. I am 63 and I still want action.;)