Princess have 40% off some cruises ex AUS

OzKiwiJJ

If you're looking at doing a cruise departing from somewhere in Australia from October this year, Princess currently have a 40% off sale which is supposed to run until 30th June.

It looks like there are some great deals on World cruise segments as well, and some earlier cruises.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes I noticed that and rebooked my sapphire princess cruise for February earlier today

. I thought it was going t be a massive saving until I realize we now pay 10700 instead of 11022.00 . Whoa big savings of 3% And this is booked direct with princess . I'd like to know where the huge discounts are . It's a big con job. As the discounts are based off the full fare which we know very few pay this actual rate . Good luck to all those who grab a bargain. But at least these savings will be our family a shore tour.

When I first booked my cruise, back in January, I paid over $1200 more than the current price. These prices popped up briefly just before Easter and I was able to change my booking to the lower price.

Ther may be quite a few people, like me, who booked early at higher prices. Also I think it depends on what type of cabin you book as to how good the discount is now.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

So I just booked direct with Princess, this week, for NZ on the Sun in December and today I see the price drop, for us would be $250.

I was doing an internal groan but I see others ring and get the sale price for existing bookings? That's all I have to do just ring them and they will match the price? Sounds almost too good to be true. Might as well have the extra $$ in my pocket if possible.

Edited by raks

You may have to cancel your original booking and rebook, but that shouldn't be a problem. That's what I had to do although since I booked through a TA all I had to do was swap a few emails with the TA.

Ther may be quite a few people, like me, who booked early at higher prices. Also I think it depends on what type of cabin you book as to how good the discount is now.

Yeah, I tend to book early (and at launch prices) to secrue a good suite or stateroom, before the good ones get nabbed - and then watch the prices like a hawk incase a good deal comes out afterwards.

Thanks for the heads-up on the 40% promotion. I'll keep my I out. Currently researching our 2015 Carribean cruise (when the Itinerary's get released).

long story short I ended up cancelling my direct Princess booking completely as I discovered it for $605 cheaper on an online site and have rebooked through them instead. I am new to cruising, any other travel I do I always book myself, still scratching my head how an agent can do a cheaper price and give onboard credit over and above what the cruise line can do?

long story short I ended up cancelling my direct Princess booking completely as I discovered it for $605 cheaper on an online site and have rebooked through them instead. I am new to cruising, any other travel I do I always book myself, still scratching my head how an agent can do a cheaper price and give onboard credit over and above what the cruise line can do?

This happens quite frequently. In fact I use the cruise line web site as a starting price and then shop around after that. Did you lose any deposit or have any fee imposed in cancelling and re booking?

Princess will refund the deposit with no fee or loss of funds.

I told them the newer price I had found but they couldn't match it.

I booked with Princess under the $100pp deposit promotion, so now I have to pay a full deposit to the new agent, but that's ok.

Only negative is although the deposit is refundable until July the agent will charge me $75pp to cancel where as Princess had no cancellation fee.

But I don't intend to cancel so its all OK. I have now just spent the last hour checking all over the net for a better price but I cant find one so I am happy with how its turned out, and its all a learning process I guess.

still scratching my head how an agent can do a cheaper price and give onboard credit over and above what the cruise line can do?

Two ways.

An agent can contract to book a certain number of cabins and will get a discounted price which can be passed on to the customer if the agent wishes.

Also, at least in the USA, Princess allows agents to discount the cruise by rebating part of their commission to the customer. Not all agents choose to do this.

If you're looking at doing a cruise departing from somewhere in Australia from October this year, Princess currently have a 40% off sale which is supposed to run until 30th June.

It looks like there are some great deals on World cruise segments as well, and some earlier cruises.

Just had a look on the princess website at cruise we have booked for january,it does say 40% off but when i run through a dummy booking it is the same as oringinal price even though it says sale price?

Just had a look on the princess website at cruise we have booked for january,it does say 40% off but when i run through a dummy booking it is the same as oringinal price even though it says sale price?

it looks like when you sign into princess you will get a different price to the sale so you would have to speak to princess and try and get the cheaper price but it could be for new bookings only

some friends of ours booked a cruise yesterday and they paid more than the sale price, they got a price off princess but they booked with a TA as the price was cheaper plus they got some obc.... also the cabin they booked is still showing available on the sale price but if you check the cruise when you sign in the cabin is sold

it looks like when you sign into princess you will get a different price to the sale so you would have to speak to princess and try and get the cheaper price but it could be for new bookings only

some friends of ours booked a cruise yesterday and they paid more than the sale price, they got a price off princess but they booked with a TA as the price was cheaper plus they got some obc.... also the cabin they booked is still showing available on the sale price but if you check the cruise when you sign in the cabin is sold

Rang Princess person gave me price for same category cabin we have already booked same price? .when i asked about the sale he said that was the sale price ?

The cabin category we booked in was definitely showing the sale price on Princess and on the website of the online TA I booked through.

The same prices were showing for a few days just before Easter and I was able to cancel my original booking at rebook in the same cabin at the lower price. I saved $1260, which was about 20% (the percentage seems to vary depending on the cabin category). The sale price was for new bookings only which is why I had to cancel my original booking. My TA did it all for me.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ