Costa: Price to Good to be True?

joy2cruise

I just received an email from a travel site, about an upcoming November Greek Island cruise on Costa Victoria. Price is all inclusive, ie: Air, 2 nite hotel in Venice, and 7 night cruise for about $1700.00/pp. I am really intrigued, but don't know much about the ship or Costa. I am wondering why the price is so good. Old ship? Bad weather in November? Itinerary really not the best for Greek Isles? I noticed that it does not go to Athens. That seems odd. I would really like to know from those that have gone on Greek Island Cruises, if this offer seems to good to be true?

http://www.onlinevacationcenter.com/special_deal.cfm?email=on&specialsID=1076&TSID=5

• 2 months later...

I would assume there is some availability left at this late date. From what I can see on another site, that price is pretty consistant (they have it for 1k, oceanview, no air).

There is less than a month left, maybe that is why the price has gone so low.

Keep in mind that the price is from NY, not California. It may be a lot cheaper if you price the cruise only and find a separate air fare. The small print also indicated the price did not include the port charges which are probably substantial. Advertising in the United States should always include port charges.

BobK/Orlando

Archived