Is there anything worth seeing in Piraeus itself?

GaryT-UK

I have a day in Piraeus this summer, but have already been to the main sites in Athens & the Corinth canal. I was thinking about just having a walk about in Piraeus, but wondered if there is anything to see there. Has anyone else just explored the port area? Thanks, Gary

There's a museum around there, and also as you walk toward the train station, there's a street (food things) market....Other than that, I really have found nothing....

Edited by 24butterfly

There is a pleasant marina and shops and restaurants nearby. Good place for coffee and food etc. Keep walking past the archaeological museum and towards the water and you will come to it. There are some nice walks along the harbour side and marina.

The small archaeological museum is well worth the (modest) admission price. They have some great bronze statues there, discovered in Piraeus, that are the equal of anything in the Athens museum.

There's a Tourist Information booth in the Terminal building that will be happy to give you a map and show you where the museum and other things are located.