Labadee Cabana

premier cruiser

Please Help -This is our first trip to Labadee, in October, on the Allure. I have booked a cabana on Nellies Beach. I know that people who are in Suites book cabanas on another beach on Labadee.

After reading a Thread here on the Message Board I am very confused about the Buffet lunch that will be served on the Island that day. This thread talks about an Upgrade that is or was available till a certain date. I booked this Cabana back in March.

Is there still an enhanced buffet available to Nellie Beach people or is there only the regular buffet available. And how did some of you get a letter from Royal Caribbean telling you that you are intitiled to this enhanced buffet. How can I find out what is what?

If there is no longer an enhanced buffet is the regular buffet worth eating? And what is on it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

The enchanced buffet was removed from the perks normally going to a Nellie's Beach cabana. Royal did this sometime last year, so if you booked this past March, then you are not entitled to the enhanced buffet.

We find the regular buffet is fine.

Edited by clarea

Just for reference, the "cut off" date for still getting the enhanced buffet with a Nellie's Cabana was any bookings made BEFORE October 4th, 2013. (So says my letter from RCI - we booked in July of last year for May 10th this year.) :)

Could have been an error, but we booked a Nellies Over the Water cabana last week on Embarkation day, minutes after we boarded -- got the gold wristbands at check-in (not sure if this has anything to do with it) and had access to the upgraded buffet as well.

(I can still taste all those premium skewers now :))

I also noticed that our wristbands were different that those on Barefoot beach -- theirs had little footprints on the bands.

Just for reference, the "cut off" date for still getting the enhanced buffet with a Nellie's Cabana was any bookings made BEFORE October 4th, 2013. (So says my letter from RCI - we booked in July of last year for May 10th this year.) :)

I'm sure that the "regular" buffet will be fine, but just out of curiosity, how will they distinguish between a recently booked cabana vs. one booked before the cutoff? Will they really be checking dates? I booked my cabana on Nellie's back on 9/18/13, so it seems I qualify for the "enhanced" buffet? :confused:

There is a lot of confusion about the policy vs the practice of access to the upgraded buffet on Barefoot Beach that Nellies Cabana occupants have.

The official policy is that the Nellies Cabanas no longer (as of Oct 4, 2013), qualify for access. But, many people, including myself booked our Nellies cabana after Oct 4, but were given access to the barefoot beach buffet via wrist bands.

I'm sure that the "regular" buffet will be fine, but just out of curiosity, how will they distinguish between a recently booked cabana vs. one booked before the cutoff? Will they really be checking dates? I booked my cabana on Nellie's back on 9/18/13, so it seems I qualify for the "enhanced" buffet? :confused:

Hi. I would imagine it's in their "system", but not sure how reliable or well-checked it is.

For reference, here is the email we received from RCI:

Dear Mark,

We are looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas® for your upcoming cruise vacation!

We want to confirm that your private cabana at Nellie's Beach awaits you upon arrival to Labadee®. Your cabana rental includes 2 floating beach mats, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant. Also, because you reserved your cabana prior to October 4th, 2013 you will also have access to an upgraded lunch buffet at Barefoot Beach. You will receive additional information along with wristbands in your stateroom.

While in Labadee, you will be able to enjoy any of the destination's many features, including a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon's Breath Flight Line, the world's longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon's Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon's Tail Alpine Coaster.

These activities are very popular, so in order to ensure you make the most of your day at Labadee, visit Royalcaribbean.com/shoreexcursions today!

We can't wait to welcome you onboard.

Your Royal Caribbean Team