Coral Princess Panama Canal Partial Transit

Seafoam Green

So, what did the people do when their full transit excursion was cancelled? That must have been extremely disappointing!

:D

They were disappointed and were offered any tour that was not sold out. Also Princess gave each person $50 obc which they all said was unexpected and a nice thing that Princess didn't have to do since it wasn't the cruise lines fault.

On another note, I would strongly recommend the full transit with two days in Panama- one day for the transit and another day to see the city. But, I lived there for six years so it has a special place in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Coral this last late February. Loved the itinerary and ship. We had the Ocho Rio's version and actually OR was pretty good. We docked there on a Sunday and I wonder if that limited some of the "issues." But whatever. As for the PC excursion... we did the ferry. Longer day, but clearly worth it. Food good and experience was bucket list.

As for the Coral... IC was a bit smaller than others, but buffet was open and being in front, the views were nice.

I'd recommend this cruise for anyone. No data for comparison though.

Thanks for the 'adventure spin' of the same excursion. ;) I'm sure that it livens up the telling of your trip through the canal!

There is no doubt that we want to go all the way through the canal in the ferry - have to get to the Pacific. Then maybe someday we can do a full transit on a ship.

The photos and videos that people have shared on my 2 threads (see the one on HAL) are spectacular. Please alert me if you post pics. Thanks again!

:D

I finally started a review of the trip with photos. It will probably take me a few days since i am still uploading photos to a share site.

The review is started at

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42728972&posted=1#post42728972

Hope it helps you with your decision.

They were disappointed and were offered any tour that was not sold out. Also Princess gave each person $50 obc which they all said was unexpected and a nice thing that Princess didn't have to do since it wasn't the cruise lines fault.

On another note, I would strongly recommend the full transit with two days in Panama- one day for the transit and another day to see the city. But, I lived there for six years so it has a special place in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. We were only offered the train tour that you still had to pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app