Thoughts on Cabana Club, Nieuw Amsterdam (or Eurodam)

POA1

To the comment if not getting one in the med. I disagree. We had one on Eurodam last summer for 12 nights and it was great. Always had a nice place to have breakfast or wind down after excursions out. Not to mention a private place for deck parties. It was great in all aspects.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm interested in booking a Cabana Club retreat on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and your posts have prompted a question or two.

Besides "see"ing the HALCats, can you also hear them? If so, for how long? I would be looking for peace and quiet, and wouldn't want to put up with them. If it's only an hour or so, I suppose I could retreat elsewhere for a little while.

Also, is there piped-in "music" of some sort? There's no point in booking a cabana for peace and quiet if it's just one more place with noise pollution.

Thanks.

I know you didn't ask me but I'll reply. I don't recall ever hearing the halcats. I'm noise sensitive so I would think if you could hear them I would notice. The only noise I remember hearing in there was wind chimes. I enjoy that sound but I know others don't. I really dislike hearing piped in music so I do hope it's quiet in November.. When I have a cabana I'm generally only in there for maybe 3 hours a day so I can't speak to what it's like for the 9 hours.

I know you didn't ask me but I'll reply.

Oh, thank you for replying, cruz chic. I didn't mean to deter anyone from replying; I was only quoting people because they were the ones who made the points I was addressing.

I appreciate your contribution, and wish others would post whatever they can add, too.

I'm interested in booking a Cabana Club retreat on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and your posts have prompted a question or two.

Besides "see"ing the HALCats, can you also hear them? If so, for how long? I would be looking for peace and quiet, and wouldn't want to put up with them. If it's only an hour or so, I suppose I could retreat elsewhere for a little while.

Also, is there piped-in "music" of some sort? There's no point in booking a cabana for peace and quiet if it's just one more place with noise pollution.

Thanks.

The HalCats don't play very long. You will hear them, but not nearly as loud as if you were around the Lido pool.

On NA they did have taped music playing some of the time. We did ask them to lower the volume a few times and even change the type of music they were playing.

Overall, we did find that it was a nice calm place to spend time every day.

If you do decide to book a cabana, hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

The HalCats don't play very long. You will hear them, but not nearly as loud as if you were around the Lido pool.

On NA they did have taped music playing some of the time. We did ask them to lower the volume a few times and even change the type of music they were playing.

Thanks, OVgirl. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Very helpful.

Appreciate the info. I love the cabanas! One other thing I enjoy is that it is smoke free. It's nice to have because I seem to have smokers around me a lot on my balcony.