Authentic Bermuda souvenirs

daddy_bunce

Hello everyone,

We will be visiting Bermuda in June and when we go on trips we like to bring authentic items of the places we've been for the people who house/pet sit for us. In the past when we have found items that appeared to be authentic to the locations we were we found the little "made in somewhere else" sticker proving them not authentic.

I'm hoping to get suggestions of some authentic Bermuda items for both us and our friends.

Hello everyone,

We will be visiting Bermuda in June and when we go on trips we like to bring authentic items of the places we've been for the people who house/pet sit for us. In the past when we have found items that appeared to be authentic to the locations we were we found the little "made in somewhere else" sticker proving them not authentic.

I'm hoping to get suggestions of some authentic Bermuda items for both us and our friends.

Gosling's 151 proof rum was a favorite .

Their store on Front st . did deliver to the ship for pick up on the last night of your cruise .

I do not know of this is still true.

http://www.goslingsrum.com/home.asp

:)

Gosling's 151 proof rum was a favorite .

Their store on Front st . did deliver to the ship for pick up on the last night of your cruise .

I do not know of this is still true.

http://www.goslingsrum.com/home.asp

:)

Since the OP is looking for authentic Bermuda items, Gosling's 151 proof rum does not meet the requirements.

From http://www.bermuda-online.org/cuisine.htm

.......The rum of the rum swizzle, sold by Gosling's of Bermuda and available in other liquor stores, grocery stores and restaurants, is not distilled here (there are no rum distilleries in Bermuda) and sugar cane, from which rum is made, is not grown commercially in Bermuda. But it is bottled and blended in Bermuda....... :(

SBtS

Lisa ergo is at the craft market in the wharf area. Her prints and paintings are of Bermuda and she is usually working the shop. She is delightful to meet, we have several of her limited edition prints. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

I suggest a trip to the Bermuda Rum Factory in the dockyard. Their rum cakes are fabulous and they have free samples of all their flavors for you to try. It's a difficult choice to pick just one. I always end up coming home with multiple cakes.

On our trip to Bermuda in 2012, we went to the Carol Holding shop and purchased two gorgeous watercolor prints of Bermuda landscapes/scenery. Carol is an artist in Bermuda and her works are just gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a teacher and always buy an autographed children's book written by Elizabeth Mulderig. She's a locale and usually can be found at the drug store at King's Wharf. I met her the first time we visited Bermuda and have made it a point to pick up a book or two every time we go back.

On our trip to Bermuda in 2012, we went to the Carol Holding shop and purchased two gorgeous watercolor prints of Bermuda landscapes/scenery. Carol is an artist in Bermuda and her works are just gorgeous.

A Carol Holding print gets my vote too. They're affordable and beautiful.

Her shop is on Front Street in Hamilton and her prints may be available for sale at the summer festivals one night per week.