A Photo Review of our Magic Cruise Vacation

Hello all. I thought I'd share our cruise pictures. This cruise was taken last August. I know its late but that is how I roll. :rolleyes:

This was mine and DH's 4th cruise.... 2nd on Magic. We took our children on this cruise. They've been on 1 cruise, the Ecstasy 2 years earlier. Our pattern is that we take the kids every other year. On this cruise, they were ages 16, 12, 9, and 4. They had been looking forward to going on the Magic for 2 years.

This cruise was to Keywest, Freeport, and Nassau. Honestly, I was not impressed with Eastern Caribbean. I think we'll stick to the Western Caribbean. It was quite weird to us not having Cozumel. LOL! The kids on the other hand didn't care and LOVED it.

We left out of West Texas on Thursday 8/8 to spend some extra time in Galveston. We were staying at Holiday Inn Resort On The Beach. DH and I stayed at this hotel last time.

Ready for Galveston my dd Addison age 4

q1.jpg

ds Ryan age 9

q2.jpg

ds Colin age 16

q3.jpg

dd Jordyn age 12

q4.jpg

We got to Galveston pretty late.... Its a 9 hour drive for us. We met up with my DH's family who live in Houston. My inlaws were also visiting Galveston with us but not going on the cruise. Later in the weekend, my best friend and her family were joining us for the cruise.

Day 1 in Galveston... Friday

We headed to lunch at the Strand. We ate at Fuddrucker's which is directly across the street from the Carnival port. No ships for us to see but we knew ours would be in there in a couple of days!!

We decided to explore a little and shop the Strand.

P8090010.jpg

He wanted to have his Superman moment!

P8090005.jpg

P8090018.jpg

P8090019.jpg

Driving back to our hotel.... I spotted this. I love the hustle and bustle of a port!

DSC_0001.jpg

Back at the hotel, we discovered our friends had arrived!!! We walked across the street to the beach for a few minutes. We didn't have long to play as we had dinner plans at our relative's home. Big barbque for us all. It was nice.

Looking from the beach... our hotel. You can see my son on the balcony!

P8090030.jpg

beach fun

P8090038a.jpg

dinner at our relative's

P8090071.jpg

P8090112.jpg

Me and DH

P8090097.jpg

Better late than never!! I'm excited for your review. We will be on the magic in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will love the Magic. She is a beautiful beautiful ship!!!!! You can see my other review of her in my signature links.

Day 2 in Galveston, Saturday

This day we woke up and it was raining cats and dogs. We had planned a beach day but I was afraid it might not happen. We decided to have breakfast at the Jetty in our hotel and wait off the rain. Its a pretty decent restaurant.

My kids thought this was cute...

a10.jpg

View from our balcony

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

starting to clear up!!

a4.jpg

After a couple of hours in the pool, it was time to get showered for dinner. We were going to the Pleasure Pier and eating at Bubba Gump's with my husband's family. I absolutely loved Bubba Gump's. I will be eating there again!

My kiddos

P8100283a.jpg

P8100283f.jpg

P8100285.jpg

Once we got to Bubba Gump's... it was about a 45 minute wait. Not bad considering there was 20 of us! We waited outside in their patio area and sipped on lemonade!

Cousins

P8100303.jpg

P8100295.jpg

So excited to read! We are doing Eastern Carib on the Magic in just two weeks! I'm sorry that you didn't like Eastern as much, I can't wait to hear your review of it since I haven't been that direction yet. Beautiful family!

Embarknation! Cruise Day 1

We woke up about 7!! We were so excited to get to the port. We had FTTF and we had gotten letter not to come until after 1 due to customs taking longer on the cruise from Belize that had just returned. Well I discarded that and carried on with our plans to go to the port about 10:30am. Staying at the Holiday Inn, we were able to leave our car and have a shuttle take us to the port. There is no extra cost for the parking or the shuttle. What a good deal this is!

Time to go! Happy cruisers to be!

IMG_2745.jpg

There she is!

IMG_0049.jpg

This is our 4th cruise out of Galveston.... I am always satisfied with how fast the check in process is. No complaints ever. This was our first time to do the FTTF and we were on the boat even sooner than usual... before noon! We absolutely lucked out because right after we got on the boat... computers crashed and halted check in for thousands. It took nearly all day to get things going. We spent most of the day on the ship ALONE!! There were maybe 200 folks on board when all computers went down. I think they had to hand write everything. So thankful we had FTTF and were already on the boat. I really feel for the folks that spent HOURS in line. This also delayed our sail away 2 hours.

Walking up the gangway!

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

First thing we did was go to our cabins and drop off our bags. They were already cleaned and ready for us. My family booked 2 joining balcony rooms on the upper deck. This was excellent for the 6 of us because it provided us with the space and 2 bathrooms. My 3 oldest slept in the one room. My youngest slept with daddy and me. We also had the steward open our balcony partition.

P8110366.jpg

P8110374.jpg

standard bathrooms

P8110376.jpg

Soon it was time to head to lido for lunch!!! I must say, I absolutely LOVE the Magic. She is gorgeous. My only complaint is that the food just doesn't impress me much. I've been on Conquest and Ecstasy. I felt the food was outstanding. I'd actually look forward to the next meal. Two Magic cruises... and I've been a little let down. Sometimes there was delicious things and other times not so much. Lido on Magic is bland. I will say that the steakhouse is AWESOME though.

Lido... I do love the blue and green colors. Hey we match the walls!

P8110365.jpg

P8110360.jpg

My happy drink!

IMG_2764.jpg

P8110359.jpg

Icecream!!

P8110358.jpg