just booked vision med 2015- sooo excited some questions

Just booked- hummed and hawed over the vision 12 day versus the ncl 12 - which included istanbul and venice. but we enjoy our food and the the ncl reviews were so bad we choose the rci one. We have never cruised RCI before some have some questions.

We got quite a lot of OBC can we use this once on board to buy the drinks packages. There are 4 adults in one room - but my dd will bot want the drinks packages as one is diabetic and the other only just 18yrs can only 2 adults get it.

In one day we would probably have 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine - dh would have 2 beers , 2 wines and 1 cocktail max- sometimes less- is the drinks package worth it for us.

Can we use OBC for cruise excursions or in the shops.

Does RCI charge for coffee after meals if so is that included in the drinks packages.

Is there icream machines - my youngest dd liked those on another cruise.

I am sure I will have many more questions - sorry

It does not sound like the drink package would be financially worth it if you are only averaging 3-4 drinks per day.

You can use OBC in the shops or for excursions booked on the ship. Anything you book pre-cruise does not use OBC.

Regular coffee (and decaf) are free anytime.

There is a free soft-serve ice cream machine on the pool deck with limited hours. You can also get ice cream every night in the main dining room.

if dh and I get the package do we also have to get it for our dd's (one is only 18) or can just dh and I get it. Are there wine packages- we like good wine lol

Edited by fragilek

if dh and I get the package do we also have to get it for our dd's (one is only 18) or can just dh and I get it. Are there wine packages- we like good wine lol

There's no requirement for all guests in a stateroom to buy the package.

There are wine packages, but they are not unlimited. They are for a specific number of bottles that you choose when you select the package. You can see the selection and pricing in the Pre-cruise Planner section on Royal's website.

Hi,

I have also never sailed with RCI (will do first RCI cruise in Sep 2014) and I will visit every port in Western Med you also will have next year (Barcelona, Cote d'Azur, La Spezia - Pisa, Civitavecchia - Rome, Naples), so when I return I can give you some port advices.