I can only afford ONE - which one?

fdpevey

Using many of the suggestions here, I'm getting closer to final choices for our upcoming Alaska trip. It would be WONDERFUL to take all of the flight adventures you have described, but my husband, sister, and I have decided we really can only do ONE.

We've narrowed it down to:

1. Mt. McKinley Glacier Landing by Airplane

2. Talkeetna Ruth Glacier Landing by Airplane

3. Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery (Juneau)

4. Helicopter Flightseeing and sled dogs in Juneau

5. Misty Fjords Floatplane tour (Ketchikan)

Which ONE would you recommend?

I've tried for the Mt McKinley flight twice and have been weathered out twice. The glacier landing doesn't interest me.

Just be aware that many of the tourist flights in Alaska get weathered out so have a back up plan. Actually it's a good idea to have a back up plan for anything.

I have done all these flights with the exception of being weathered out on the glacier dog sledding.

It seems if the glacier dog sledding is on your list, which is a high cost, it would seem that you could do two of the lower priced flights? (If that is the reason you can only pick "one"?)

Sorry, I'm not "recommending" anything for you. :) (my "favorites" really don't take into account, you) If it doesn't matter, you could put a poll up and go with the popular number? Otherwise, EACH is very worthwhile and enjoyable.

Using many of the suggestions here, I'm getting closer to final choices for our upcoming Alaska trip. It would be WONDERFUL to take all of the flight adventures you have described, but my husband, sister, and I have decided we really can only do ONE.

We've narrowed it down to:

1. Mt. McKinley Glacier Landing by Airplane

2. Talkeetna Ruth Glacier Landing by Airplane

3. Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery (Juneau)

4. Helicopter Flightseeing and sled dogs in Juneau

5. Misty Fjords Floatplane tour (Ketchikan)

Which ONE would you recommend?

I've done both #4 and #5. My vote goes to #4, especially if you're a dog lover. Yes, it's expensive, but I justified the cost as looking at it as two excursions rolled into one. The helicopter ride alone is breathtaking & is a totally different experience than being in a float plane. Although the Misty Fjords flightseeing was great, it didn't compare to the helicopter ride to a glacier followed by the dog sledding.

The helicopter ride/dog sled had been on my bucket list for a long time, so it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. That may also explain my preference for this particular activity. JMHO

Happy cruising!