Really confused on pricing

I checked on a booking Freedom of the Seas for January 2015. This is the price shown for an inside cabin: (I am copying and pasting from Royal web site.)

Interior

Relax in all the comfort of our interior staterooms. These nicely appointed rooms are an excellent value.

STANDARD RATES FROM

$ 660

USD

But when I go to book, I get this: (I chose Q, the lowest price.)

Stateroom Stateroom Total $1,655.30 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $980.00 $980.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $93.15 $93.15

Discount: $0.00 ($491.00)

Per Person Total: $1,073.15 $582.15

Why isn't it?

Guest 1 $660

Guest 2 $330

Taxes, fees, and port $93.15 each

Total $1170.30

What am I missing?

I have tried this with several different bookings, cabin choice, etc. and every time $500 or more is added to the booking.

I was looking at a booking in Feb '15 that was showing interior staterooms for $375 or somesuch. I asked my TA and she said it was an error on RCI's website. Got the impression this happens the first of each month. Shrug ~

What is the capitol of Philadelphia? P

What they show on the website is the average price for the first and second passenger. So take the full price multiply by 2. Then subtracrt the 50% off one. Then divide by 2. That averaged oit price us what they are showing online. A bit tricky yes, but easily understood.

What they show on the website is the average price for the first and second passenger. So take the full price multiply by 2. Then subtracrt the 50% off one. Then divide by 2. That averaged oit price us what they are showing online. A bit tricky yes, but easily understood.

So if I am understanding right, multiply the full price of $980 x 2 = $1960. Subtract half of $980 which is $490 and that gives me $1470 which I divide by 2 and get $735 ---still higher than the $660 listed.???

I had the same situation. I thought it was my browser or something. But the lower price you see per person IS the discounted price if you "buy one get one half off."

I did it by just doing a search for a cruise w/o clicking on the BOGO page, the total price was $1590.

I did it by clicking on the BOGO page, the total price was $1590. I know for some folks they're saying they are saving quite a bit on their cruise w/ the BOGO and others weren't saving as the initial price is so inflated. For me, I was in the 2nd camp. No savings at all, from what it was the year before w/ no BOGO or any other kind of sale. Same week. Same ship. Lots more expensive even w/ the BOGO.

Thanks for the explanations. I appreciate it--was driving me a little crazy trying to figure it out. Was really excited about the sale and was definitely going to book something for next spring, but a little frustrated and just not feeling the love right now. LOL