Superstar Live Karaoke Gone Completely?

SoCalKJ

On my April 18 Inspiration sailing, I noticed Superstar Live wasn't available. Superstar Live, for those who don't know, is basically Karaoke with the Live Band. It always seemed to be a big huge hit (although the selection was limited and only offered on the evening of embarkation)...but was told there was an executive decision recently to ixnay it.

Is this true - - or just for the Inspiration - - or just certain ships? :confused: :(

On my April 18 Inspiration sailing, I noticed Superstar Live wasn't available. Superstar Live, for those who don't know, is basically Karaoke with the Live Band. It always seemed to be a big huge hit (although the selection was limited and only offered on the evening of embarkation)...but was told there was an executive decision recently to ixnay it.

Is this true - - or just for the Inspiration - - or just certain ships? :confused: :(

If it is true, was it discontinued due to lack of participation, similar to the Fun Farewell party?

If it is true, was it discontinued due to lack of participation, similar to the Fun Farewell party?

I was on the Inspiration 4 times last year alone and it was always a big hit...not offered very long that first night, but it seemed like it was popular. :confused: I guess not. :(

The musicians for Superstar Live were drawn from the ship's show band and since Carnival is eliminating the show bands on all their ships so too goes Superstar Live. It's a real shame and won't be the same without a ship's band in the showroom and for Superstar. The new Playlist Productions are just a few kids hopping around to canned music and nothing more. Pity.

Edited by sanmarcosman

The musicians for Superstar Live were drawn from the ship's show band and since Carnival is eliminating the show bands on all their ships so too goes Superstar Live. It's a real shame and won't be the same without a ship's band in the showroom and for Superstar. The new Playlist Productions are just a few kids hopping around to canned music and nothing more. Pity.

The productions are good (enough), but there was something real cool about having the show band. :(

We are thinking about doing it....on the week between the end of school.....( We keep our Grand Daughter two days a week) and before the Week Daughter is out of town and we keep GD again. She is just three. Did not like Camp Carnival..so we will wait to take her again.)

We just want to get away for a week. No cooking. No Cleaning. No nothing. And we dote on our GD. She is our only one. We are just tired. Long year.

thanks in advance for any help.

Don't mind IS. Like MS. Get seasich sometimes. Of Course..can pack SeaSick tablets.

Hope it's not gone. We just discovered it accidentally on our last cruise on the Liberty. Don't normally go to Karaoke, but Superstar Live was fantastic!

Hope it's not gone. We just discovered it accidentally on our last cruise on the Liberty. Don't normally go to Karaoke, but Superstar Live was fantastic!

It's awesome! And, sadly, on the Inspiration (and perhaps fleet-wide)...it's GONE!:(

It was on the Sunshine 3/30 - 4/6, but I think I saw it only one time in the Funtimes and it was for one hour. I've done it on other ships and it's great. Never get to do more than one song with the very limited timing and number of people who want to do it.

I'm hoping they still have it on Legend for our repositioning cruise. My fiancé is a professional musician and I've been working with him to start performing when I'm down in San Carlos. We went to Superstar on Miracle and the host was so rude, we left. The "band" consisted of two musicians and they certainly exhibited no joy at being there. I'm hoping for better on Legend.

I'm hoping they still have it on Legend for our repositioning cruise. My fiancé is a professional musician and I've been working with him to start performing when I'm down in San Carlos. We went to Superstar on Miracle and the host was so rude, we left. The "band" consisted of two musicians and they certainly exhibited no joy at being there. I'm hoping for better on Legend.

When were you on the Miracle? We'll be on her in July. I'd love to have it to look forward to...and hopefully not a rude host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When were you on the Miracle? We'll be on her in July. I'd love to have it to look forward to...and hopefully not a rude host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in mid-February this year.

We had it on the Sunshine Repositioning Cruise 4/6-4/17 Think they had 2 hours one night and maybe one hour another day. For sure on the two hours the one night as I sang with the band.