Disembarking Assistance

Is it possible to leave the Oasis early with this assistance. The rest of the family will do the self disembark and they want to book an 11:00 am flight home. Just wondering if I will slow them down too much and should book a later flight? Thanks.

There is no assistance with self disembarkation. You must be able to take yourself and all you luggage off the ship by yourself. Your family may be able to help you but don't expect any other help.

Also, IMHO, some people who use this early disembarkation can be pushy. If you do this, make sure your family members are in front and behind you to protect you.

Edited by beach bunnie

If you mean that you need wheelchair assist, then you would need to gather in a designated area (in our case it was a lounge) and wait for someone to take you off the ship. No way to tell how long it will take as it depends on how many need assistance and they only have so many wheelchairs available.

There is no assistance with self disembarkation. You must be able to take yourself and all you luggage off the ship by yourself. Your family may be able to help you but don't expect any other help.

Also, IMHO, some people who use this early disembarkation can be pushy. If you do this, make sure your family members are in front and behind you to protect you.

I know about self disembarkation, the op was asking about disembarking with assistance and I don't think I've ever seen this offered, unless it's by wheelchair?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by willing292

Oasis will provide wheelchair assistance to get on and off the ship. I have mobility problems and walk very slowly. Never been on a ship this size so I am concerned that this assistance only takes place at certain times or can I request an early time to coincide with my family's self disembark.

Oasis will provide wheelchair assistance to get on and off the ship. I have mobility problems and walk very slowly. Never been on a ship this size so I am concerned that this assistance only takes place at certain times or can I request an early time to coincide with my family's self disembark.

Thanks for your quick response. I have a relative who could use this type of aid and didn't know it was available. Thanks.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to book an 11am flight if I was debarking with assistance. If you decide to do so then try the following...

If at all possible use the luggage valet service. Your groups luggage will go off the ship straight to the airport and to your flights.

When you get on the Oasis.. or the first day... go to guest services and get on the list (if they have one) for assisted debarkation. They had a list on the Allure and if you don't get there early, the early slots will be filled.

Go to the assigned area earlier than the time you are given.

You still have to go through customs... but you'll go quickly as wheelchairs are given priority. When we did the Allure my mom (with me) were taken off the ship and then we waited to collect our luggage. The staff that pushed her chair off the ship left us and another person picked us up to get us through customs. We used a porter to handle the luggage. They then pushed mom to our parking lot shuttle, waited with her until we were on the shuttle. Wonderful service.

Just off the Freedom last week it was a little different. No assigned time, but we went to the assigned lounge about 1/2 hour before we were to get off (by luggage tag number). Mom was taken off the ship to luggage collection area, but no farther. She had to walk through customs.

This service is a lifesaver for my mom... and me!! She just can't walk fast and holds up the lines if she has to walk (with a walker or a cane) -- She especially has trouble on ramps... and that is always a problem with gangways. We drive to the port so timely debarkation is not a concern for us.

Each ship does it a little different, but you are at the mercy of whoever is arranging the assisted departures. So, making arrangements early in the cruise will help you. Good luck! I hope you enjoy your cruise.