Accidentally paid off my cruise.

So I went to make a payment toward my October cruise and instead of making a payment- I paid the entire amount. I called Carnival immediately to let them know that it was a mistake and to see if the charge could be reversed but the accounting department is not open until Monday at 9am.

Has any else ever done anything like this? What was the outcome?

Elation, April 2012

Fascination, September 2012

Fascination, September 2013

Dream, October 2014

No, I haven't paid a cruise off, I did pay the power bill twice recently. I think it matters which method of payment you used. A credit card payment can be stopped or reversed by calling the credit card company. The same for a debit transaction, you can call your bank and see what they can do to reverse the transaction. Most banks have 24 hour call center banking now.

So I went to make a payment toward my October cruise and instead of making a payment- I paid the entire amount. I called Carnival immediately to let them know that it was a mistake and to see if the charge could be reversed but the accounting department is not open until Monday at 9am.

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

I did it once. I called carnival and they refunded my credit card

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I did this two cruises ago. The transaction was made on Saturday, and they said it would be noted on the booking of the mistake, and the Accounting Department would process it on Monday, and it would be back in the account in 2-3 business days, and it was that Thursday.

I did it a couple cruises ago. As soon as I hit the send button I knew what I did. I called them immediately and they adjusted it, no problem. For the person who said it just let it go, we were over a year in advance. No way I was going to pay all that extra that far in advance.

I did a similar thing last year with flights! I was doing a mock booking for return flights from Australia to US with QANTAS as there were some really cheap flights and towards the end of the mock booking I pressed "Next" to see the total charges including taxes and I ended up paying for the tickets as QANTAS had my CC details still in the system from a previous flight!:eek:

The flights were non refundable so now we are coming to US in June like it or not:)

This just happened to me this past Friday. I thought I was the only person who has ever done this. Now I don't feel so badly😣.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well looks like I joined the club today! Do you know how long it took before they were able to credit your account?

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

I did a similar thing last year with flights! I was doing a mock booking for return flights from Australia to US with QANTAS as there were some really cheap flights and towards the end of the mock booking I pressed "Next" to see the total charges including taxes and I ended up paying for the tickets as QANTAS had my CC details still in the system from a previous flight!:eek:

The flights were non refundable so now we are coming to US in June like it or not:)

Oh my goodness- I bet you panicked for a bit! I hope you have a great time in the US!

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

I did this two cruises ago. The transaction was made on Saturday, and they said it would be noted on the booking of the mistake, and the Accounting Department would process it on Monday, and it would be back in the account in 2-3 business days, and it was that Thursday.

Thanks for letting me know!

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

I did this when I was booking a cruise online. I meant to pay deposits only and ended up paying for the entire cruise lol...which of course I never want to give the cruiselines all of my money until I absolutely have to. Anyways, I ended up just leaving it. I didn't mess with trying to have them reverse the charges.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I pay off our cruise's as soon as I can, it's just one less thing to have to worry about. The interest that I would get from leaving the money in my bank account is negligible.

Since I retired a few years ago I rarely book cruises until there is enough money in our travel fund to pay for them.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I pay off our cruise's as soon as I can, it's just one less thing to have to worry about. The interest that I would get from leaving the money in my bank account is negligible.

Since I retired a few years ago I rarely book cruises until there is enough money in our travel fund to pay for them.

Janey, I'm in that same minority with you. Though I don't pay off the cruise as soon as I can, it's not to say I can't. And so agree and the interest it would get if left in the account... at a whopping 1%... I would make maybe $5. :)

Airlines are different. Normally, Unless you put the 24 hour hold on it, you are out of luck. I still do not understand how they billed you, even with they had the CC on notice-usually there is something where you have to click on final sale. Sorry that happened to you.

I did the same thing by mistakenly paying in full online. I realized what I did and called Carnival within an hour after paying in full online. The phone rep processed the credit card reversal while I was on the phone. The credit showed on my credit card account in a day or two. It was not a problem.:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

I did it on our group cruise for my son and his new wifes honeymoon ( for some reason my kids all wanted "group" honeymoons) They were paying their own way and had given me the $500 deposit but when I went to pay I payed the entire thing....still waiting for them to pay for the rest of their cruise 3 years after we all sailed :cool:

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app