What do to in Anchorage for 1 evening?

go4ak

I am landing at 3pm on May 16th for a May 17th Princess cruise. Are there any sights that I can see around Anchorage in one afternoon/evening? Would it be possible to make it to the Ulu Factory? I think I arrive too late for any "tours". I'm staying at the Captain Cook so I'd have to walk or take a taxi. Thanks to those that have made dinner suggestions for others - I think I have that covered.

I hadn't thought about a rental card for only a few hours - but it's so doable. I also forgot that it's not going to get dark until after 11p.m.. Thanks!

The Ulu Factory runs a trolley from downtown to their store until 7pm.

http://www.theulufactory.com/

Would you be open to renting a car for the evening?

We will be landing in Anchorage at about 1:30 and meeting with our Tour Host. We were wondering if this tour bus is accessible from the Westmark Hotel in Downtown Anchorage? Think it would be a great way to spend some time in the city and see something unique at the same. time.

Thanks for the info.

Okie

I too vote for a car rental. Why waste several hours of daylight when you're in Alaska !

I'd head for the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center only an hr south of Anchorage ( I think it's open until 8pm and $10). Then on the way back stop and enjoy a few scenic stops as you wander back to anchorage. I always enjoy walking the boardwalk at Potters Marsh ... lots of birds, a few swans and occassionally a moose. And look for dall sheep up in the ridgetops along the road.

Sugggested stopping points in this link :

http://www.alaska.org/guide/turnagain-arm-drive