Formal Night?

Rarejules

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage. The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1-day cruise: none

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

• 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

But not always, as I have been on Elegant nights...in port. so it can change with every sailing if they choose lol.

I have cruised the same iten. and had formal/elegant nights be different.

Oh, and not that you asked, but since others chimed in, we always dress formal/elegantly. DH wears at the very least a suit, and most times he's in a tux. We enjoy dressing up since he's in a uniform all week long at work.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think what you're allowed to wear on formal night also differs by which port you sail out of.

When we sailed out of Jacksonville, there was no freaking way jeans..even "church"/"good" jeans would've been allowed on formal night.

When we sailed out of Galveston, they were allowed because everybody in their right mind knows that jeans can absolutely be formal wear. They need to be "good" jeans--dark wash and neatly pressed, though. I know some guys who put enough starch in their jeans that the darn things could very nearly stand up by themselves! :D