Onboard Accounts When Switching Cabins??

I have a question regarding setting up your online account when you will be switching cabins once onboard..

We have 2 cabins booked for Brillance next April...My youngest sister & I in 1 cabin...my middle sister solo in the other...we booked that way to be able to take advantage of any Sr. rates as middle sister will be 55 in July...and she is Diamond as well...once onboard my youngest sister will be moving to the solo cabin & middle sister in my cabin...I know we can get the keys switched at Guest Services....but I'm not sure how to set up the onboard account as my youngest sister will be paying for her own charges...does she need to put her credit card info on the room she will actually be staying in....or the room she is booked in now? We've never done the switch onboard before so would like to get it sorted out ahead of time...

I have a question regarding setting up your online account when you will be switching cabins once onboard..

We have 2 cabins booked for Brillance next April...My youngest sister & I in 1 cabin...my middle sister solo in the other...we booked that way to be able to take advantage of any Sr. rates as middle sister will be 55 in July...and she is Diamond as well...once onboard my youngest sister will be moving to the solo cabin & middle sister in my cabin...I know we can get the keys switched at Guest Services....but I'm not sure how to set up the onboard account as my youngest sister will be paying for her own charges...does she need to put her credit card info on the room she will actually be staying in....or the room she is booked in now? We've never done the switch onboard before so would like to get it sorted out ahead of time...

Accounts are usually tied to the key card or sail pass card. Just get everyone to put there own credit card on the booking. Even if two where originally booked in one cabin , you can set up to have there own credit cards.

Have the youngest sister complete her own online check-in. The charges will stay with her folio number not her stateroom.

Ok, thanks....I wasn't sure how it worked...so she just does the regular online checkin, like she was going to stay in my cabin?

Ok, thanks....I wasn't sure how it worked...so she just does the regular online checkin, like she was going to stay in my cabin?

The online check-in is tied to a guest's name. They don't get to pick a stateroom, they just log in and complete their online check-in. She will have to enter the booking number, but that won't affect what stateroom she eventually decides to sleep in.

Edited by clarea

It used to be that when you switched cabins, they issued you new cards and your account followed you.

The last couple of times that we switched, they just issued us "extra key" cards to open the door of the cabin that we moved into. We retained the original card (which opened the wrong cabin door) to use when getting on and off the ship, and to make purchased. So, the people who moved had to carry two cards.

Bob has it right (no surprise, he is the "go to" guy). When you set up your SetSail pass, you can put anyone you want on a credit card. So you can set your sister up on a separate SetSail. For example; We sailed with my son and daughter-in-law. To take advantage of the D+ discount, I put my son and I in one cabin and my wife and daughter-in-law in the other. Then when I did the SetSail passes, I set up one account for my wife and I and another credit card for my son and DIL. Then there was a SetSail pass for my wife and DIL with no credit card info. So we had 3 SetSail passes. One for me, one for my son, and one for my wife and dil. Sorry, kind of confusing, but really simple when you do it.

Then go to Guest Services and change keys. Easy, no sweat.