Grandeur price

Greetings, Carnival cruiser here and my family and I are looking to try Royal Caribbean with our homeport being Baltimore. I casually look at prices from Baltimore and June 27th an interior will run $2300 before taxes or $710 for guests 1 and 2. We will have a total of 4 people going. My impression that this is a good price for June on Royal and from Baltimore, but I wanted to see if anyone on the boards could let me know? Normally I will look around at Carnival pricing for various ships so I don't have a gauge for what is a good price and not on Royal.

I tried searching historic prices for cruises, but all I could seem to find is groupings of cruise lines and how much prices generally are going up or down per month whether it is an inside, outside, balcony etc.

All insight is appreciated!

I am booked on this cruise and it has gone down in price a few times. I hit a great price drop right before my final payment and ended up paying just under 1700 for an ocean view cabin for 2 and I have 3 cabins booked. I keep checking everyday anyway in case there is another big price drop and I can upgrade to a balcony for what I paid....I doubt it but I check.

I think that it is just not a popular cruise itinerary, I picked it because it went to Royal's private island which is something my mother wants to see, it was going the week I need to go on vacation: after graduation and before kids start summer jobs. I have done the itinerary before on NCL, it's fine but nothing too exciting.....Grand Turk is my favorite port and if this ship went there instead of Florida or Nassau, it would be a much more popular cruise in my opinion. Also, the Granduer is an older, small ship.

The roll call is basically non-existent which leaves me wondering if the ship is not going to be sold out by the time we sail. :p

I am booked on this cruise and it has gone down in price a few times. I hit a great price drop right before my final payment and ended up paying just under 1700 for an ocean view cabin for 2 and I have 3 cabins booked. I keep checking everyday anyway in case there is another big price drop and I can upgrade to a balcony for what I paid....I doubt it but I check.

I think that it is just not a popular cruise itinerary, I picked it because it went to Royal's private island which is something my mother wants to see, it was going the week I need to go on vacation: after graduation and before kids start summer jobs. I have done the itinerary before on NCL, it's fine but nothing too exciting.....Grand Turk is my favorite port and if this ship went there instead of Florida or Nassau, it would be a much more popular cruise in my opinion. Also, the Granduer is an older, small ship.

The roll call is basically non-existent which leaves me wondering if the ship is not going to be sold out by the time we sail. :p

The Baltimore cruises are always sold out -- no matter the itinerary. And June is prime time for sailing. The K & N categories are the only ones that are priced at about $100/day. Everything is much higher, indicating that they are having no problem filling the cruise. $1700 for an oceanview is $120pp per day -- not much a bargain in the whole scheme of things. And this itinerary is not a bad one. Many cruisers love the private island and book it for that reason alone. Don't expect to have the cruise to yourself. Even if it happens not be as full as they would like now, it will fill in the last couple weeks when they over senior discounts, resident discounts and whatever it takes to fill the cabins. Royal simply does not let ships sail with empty cabins.

Also, it may be an older and smaller ship BUT it has been refurbished and many cruisers prefer the smaller ship experience. We have sailed her since the refurb and it's a beautiful ship. It has specialty dinning venues that some of the larger ships do not yet have.

Enjoy your cruise.

i wouldnt count on that , that date will fill up as all kids will be out of school in the north east area and below baltimore. but i scooped up a sweet deal early june.

Edited by Harooni

I have no idea as far as prices run for this ship. But my family and I booked this cruise. It's our first time on Royal Caribbean. Our previous cruises have been Carnival and 1 Disney cruise. We feel the price was great and are happy with our decision to switch from being booked on Celebrity's Summit to this cruise.

There will always be someone who paid less than you did and someone who paid more. In the end, the price has to work for you and you alone. So if you feel it is a good value then book it. If you don't then look for another cruise that would make you feel more confident about it's value.

I have no idea as far as prices run for this ship. But my family and I booked this cruise. It's our first time on Royal Caribbean. Our previous cruises have been Carnival and 1 Disney cruise. We feel the price was great and are happy with our decision to switch from being booked on Celebrity's Summit to this cruise.

There will always be someone who paid less than you did and someone who paid more. In the end, the price has to work for you and you alone. So if you feel it is a good value then book it. If you don't then look for another cruise that would make you feel more confident about it's value.

well put, i think you and your kids will have fun, its a nice updated ship i thought. my son was a little bored at times because he is 13 and is out of the age of must activities for kids on board however there will be no shortage of playmates late june.

$1700 for an oceanview is $120pp per day -- not much a bargain in the whole scheme of things.

Actually, this is a bargain since I booked in Oct, 2013, it was 2552 a cabin

I am not complaining, as any cruise is a good cruise. I cruise Carnival, NCL, Disney, and RCL whatever is going the week I need to go and is priced right for me.

We are booked on a 10 day New Years cruise on Grandeur out of Baltimore. We paid around $999 per person, 2 per cabin in an outside. Holiday cruises generally run high, hope this is helpful.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We have booked today for the week of February 13th, 2015 for eight nights for 1,855 for a D1 balcony cabin. I am also worried that it is too early to book and last minute prices can drop significantly. We actually booked two cabins, second one is an adjacent balcony and is for three people and that one was 2,800. So, overall it costs us 4,650. Is not this expensive for older, smaller ship? Don't get me wrong. I do want to experience the ship, but last November we booked Breakaway shortly before sailing for $509 before taxes per person for a balcony room. So, if anybody has the experience with Grandure's prices for February sailing, please let me know. I have till tomorrow to sign the contract with online travel company. BTW, that company charges 100 dollars cancellation fee per cabin.

well put, i think you and your kids will have fun, its a nice updated ship i thought. my son was a little bored at times because he is 13 and is out of the age of must activities for kids on board however there will be no shortage of playmates late june.

Thank you. Also, love your thread about your recent cruise on this ship.

Oops not your thread but you replied in it and I like your review better than janice's lol.

Edited by billjessmaddie

Greetings, Carnival cruiser here and my family and I are looking to try Royal Caribbean with our homeport being Baltimore. I casually look at prices from Baltimore and June 27th an interior will run $2300 before taxes or $710 for guests 1 and 2. We will have a total of 4 people going. My impression that this is a good price for June on Royal and from Baltimore, but I wanted to see if anyone on the boards could let me know? Normally I will look around at Carnival pricing for various ships so I don't have a gauge for what is a good price and not on Royal.

I tried searching historic prices for cruises, but all I could seem to find is groupings of cruise lines and how much prices generally are going up or down per month whether it is an inside, outside, balcony etc.

All insight is appreciated!

If this helps I can tell you that our family in cruising over Thanksgiving on the Grandeur. We booked during the 3rd and 4th passenger sails free rate. My daughter and her husband and two children are in a balcony cabin and their rate is $1,179 per person for the first two folks, 3rd and 4th passengers go free, total taxes and port fees are $380.00, total $2,738.00. Hope I did the math right.

Edited by DKane

Thank you. Also, love your thread about your recent cruise on this ship.

Oops not your thread but you replied in it and I like your review better than janice's lol.

lol, thanks too . just stay positive and enjoy your time and not focus on any petty stuff. :) i loved it. great staff nice updates